Technical Subcontract Manager (Schiedam)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Are you able to work with and manage international sub-contractors to deliver against the contract, acting as technical interface between the sub-contractor and internal project organisation?
As Technical Subcontract Manager you will specify, coordinate, and manage the project of all the technical activities for sub-contracted systems. This can cover above and underwater sensor systems, weapon, command and control, communication, and navigation systems. The role involves active engagement with the customer, our partners, inhouse engineering team, and the subcontractor. It includes activities related to the definition, procurement, engineering, interfacing, installation, verification, and acceptance of the relevant systems for large design and build projects. This to achieve a successful integration of the various systems into an effective suite for the developed ships and optionally the related land-based facilities that Damen Naval delivers to its customers.
Do you enjoy taking part through the entire development process from tendering up to installation on board and final product acceptance and handover to the customer?
The department has an integral task within Engineering and aims to capture specialist knowledge of naval sensor, weapon and command systems and manage subcontracted suppliers with the objective of successful development, integration, installation, and optimal functioning of these systems on board of the vessel. To achieve this goal, the Technical Subcontract Manager is involved throughout the entire development process, from creating technical specifications during tendering through to the final acceptance of the (subcontracted) system. This characterizes the department as being a technical discipline with a commercial mindset and strong technical, project and contract management capabilities.
As Technical Subcontract Manager you will:
- Support the combat system engineering group on sustained performance by delivering quality engineering products within budget and on a timely basis.
- Coordinate and facilitate the sub-contractor contribution to the project(s) during preparation and execution phases.
- Take ownership of the assigned subcontracts for the entire project to drive and attain targeted results within the set project constraints for schedule, quality, and cost.
- Ensure full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications, as imposed by our customer and Damen Naval.
- Organise or participate in project reviews and participate during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT’s, HAT’s, and SAT’s, acting as the internal accepting party.
- Secure the planning, execution and synchronisation of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the sub-contractor, thereby ensuring the proper integration of the related system.
- Assist the warranty authority on all warranty queries and issues that are identified in relation to the sub-contractor.
- Advise the proposal department on systems identified for new opportunities and support their specification in project proposals to the potential customer.
- Support project and proposal evaluations and subcontractor evaluations on all aspects, including cost-benefit analyses.
As Technical Subcontract Manager you need to have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field and preferably with an Electrical, Aerospace, Maritime or Systems Engineering specialisation.
- Experience with naval combat systems or with other highly complex integrated technical systems.
- Experience with international technical subcontract management in complex project environments.
- Project and contract management skills and experience with legal language and technical terminology.
- Knowledge of technical concepts and common engineering practices obtained in engineering role(s).
- Ability to oversee the bigger picture, while keeping a sharp eye on the critical details.
- Excellent command of the English language. Knowledge of the Dutch and/or German language is a big plus.
- Solid communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with sub-contractors.
- Able to travel abroad from time to time, when and as required to support project activities and objectives.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Subcontract Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portalor through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpageor call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1