Vendor Data Control Engineer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500 professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Vendor Data Control Engineer, you are mainly responsible to support the Damen Naval project team with the documentation received from the customer. As Vendor Data Control Engineer you will identify and process the details in the Damen Naval database.
As Vendor Data Control Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Independently identify and process documents in Damen Naval management database (Enovia).
- Support future end users of this database, with quick reference cards and instructions.
- Create appropriate process descriptions.
- Develop and maintain management reports.
As Vendor Data Control Engineer, you need to have:
- Post-secondary vocational education (MBO) or higher professional education (HBO) preferably in configuration and process management
- Minimum of three years’ experience in document control, administration, processing vendor documents or in a similar role
- Experience with Enovia management database or other product/document management databases is a plus
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential; ideally you have also German language skills or are willing to commit to learn this.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Document Controller and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via career.damen.com through the apply button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.