Vendor Data Controller (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Vendor Data Controller (Project Based) who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for a period of 12 up to 24 months.
As Vendor Data Controller (Project Based), you are responsible to support the Damen Naval project team with the exchange and processing of engineering data that is received from and sent to the customer, partners and or subcontractors including internal distribution. The exchanged data must also be appropriately registered in the PDM/PLM system under configuration control.
As Vendor Data Controller (Project Based), you are responsible for:
- Checking incoming and outgoing data from customer, partners and or subcontractors for technical compliance, quality, and completeness.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing data, registration, distribution and expediting, in different databases including Document Control.
- Pro-active communicating internally with project engineering teams and other relevant stakeholders.
- Managing the various project mailboxes including distribution to the various team members.
- Generating and distributing of document control progress and status reports.
As Vendor Data Controller (Project Based), you need to have:
- Post-secondary vocational education (MBO) in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferably with relevant work experience.
- Experience and affinity and with Product Data Management systems including Document Management.
- Extensive working experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Competencies: accuracy, pro-active attitude, eye for detail, flexibility, and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal and preferably also Dutch and or German.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Vendor Data Controller (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1