Verification & Validation Lead (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Verification & Validation Lead who can start on short notice on a temporary basis.
As Verification & Validation Lead at Damen Naval, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the systems of the high-end project are complying with customer, technical, regulatory, and other requirements. To do so, you will oversee the Verification, Validation, and Acceptance (VV&A) process within these projects, using the customer requirements as a reference point and you manage the requirements model (Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM)) and ensure the thorough Verification & Validation of project requirements.
As Verification & Validation Lead (Project Based), your key responsibilities are:
- Lead and coach a specialized verification and validation team in complex projects, provide input and appraisals.
- Manage a team tasked with resource planning and ensure all necessary capabilities are included and available.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize the systems verification & validation process.
- Oversee requirements engineering and verification and validation activities of various projects in coordination with the engineers involved.
- Implement improvements in the requirements engineering process and ensure a complete set of verified system requirements.
- Supervise team collaboration with test and integration engineers for validation activities and oversee the agreement process with the customer on system specifications.
- Contribute to continuous evaluation and improvement of processes and knowledge transfer within the subdepartment.
To excel as the Verification & Validation Lead (Project Based), you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Five years of experience in designing and/or Verification, Validation, and Acceptance (VV&A) in high-tech complex products.
- Proven experience in dynamic, high-complexity project environments, with project teams and customers.
- Solid knowledge of Configuration Management, Requirements Management, and Systems Engineering principles using tools like 3DX (PLM), DOORS (Requirements Management), and Project Information Management Systems.
- Expertise in the Verification, Validation, and Acceptance (VV&A) process and working on Class-regulated products.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or other relevant technical degree.
- Extensive knowledge of preferably maritime systems and experience in designing, particularly in ships, offshore equipment, or industrial installations.
- Strong command of English and Dutch languages both written and verbal.
- INCOSE membership and holding an ASEP/CSEP or ESEP certificate or equivalent proven Systems Engineering Expertise are preferred.
- Exceptional references and background due to standard pre-employment security screenings.
- Permanent EU citizenship and an EU work visa are required due to the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Working from home policy and other benefits.
Are you interested in the position of Verification & Validation Lead (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.