Lead Engineer Services Electrical & Automation
Damen Services' mission is to support the sales organization of Damen in selling vessels by providing additional value in the form of services. The department gives substance to the concept of high quality and the generally higher cost of acquisition. After the sale of a ship, excellent services are delivered in order to increase the likelihood that a customer chooses Damen again to buy a ship for replacement or expansion. At the operational level, the Services department maintains contact with clients and is the eyes and ears of the sales organization. Services provides a broad portfolio of services for the entire life cycle of a ship built by Damen. This includes the handling of warranty calls, providing training, providing spare parts, providing maintenance and perform modifications and repairs. That is reflected in the behavior of its employees; they are always available, proactive, keeping their promises and always do more than is asked of them. Within the Services department the question is always: How do we make it happen?
As Lead Engineer Services, you will join the Technology Specialists Team, which is part of the operational service department Services Coordination and Execution. The Services Coordination and Execution department has the primary responsibility to provide excellent warranty towards our customers. The department consists of 2 service lines working closely together. The first line project engineers handle the incoming claims with customer focus on a day to day basis. The Lead Engineer in the second line Technology Specialists Team is more product and quality focused. You are continuously involved in the warranty process, with focus on more complex cases and cases with a repetitive character. At the same time as a Lead Engineer you support other Services colleagues with your technical knowledge and expertise.
In the role of Lead Engineer Services, your main responsibilities are:
- Take the lead in the investigation and resolution of complex technical issues by use of root cause analysis methods.
- Act as a source of information and provide advice to your colleagues who are responsible for the 1st line warranty and guide them proactively.
- Share your knowledge proactively within the Services organization and provide advice to other services departments on their request.
- Guide (future) Project Engineers and Field Service Engineers in the technical field.
- Analyze warranty related data using available tooling and report the results to the concerned Division / Product Group / yard. Provide them with proactive feedback on specific issues and during regular scheduled feedback sessions.
- Gather information about received claims, reports and executed assignments and analyze this information.
- Ensure Services receives feedback about the taken measures by the Divisions and Product Groups.
Do you thrive well in an environment where you don’t exactly know what the day will bring? Than you will enjoy the dynamic Services Division! Next to focus on your main responsibilities, you might be asked to take care of ad hoc requirements from time to time.
To be successful in this role, it is important that you are driven, proactive, customer focused and flexible and that you have a structured way of working. You enjoy to dive into technical and complex issues and analyze data. But at the same time, you are also eager to share and present your findings clearly to our (internal) customers and convince the relevant stakeholders from the New Build Divisions with a clear investigation result including your proposal for quality improvement. You are always motivated to support your direct Services colleagues with technical support on different levels.
- A Bachelor degree in Maritime, Electrical Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B environment with a focus on Services or new building;
- Excellent knowledge of the products of at least one of the Damen Product Groups;
- Extensive and specialized knowledge of one of the main systems (propulsion, HVAC, E&A);
- Knowledge of root-cause-analysis methods and tooling;
- You are open to go on short business trips if needed;
- Good command of the English language, knowledge of the Dutch or any other language would be an asset.
At Damen, we value supporting and mentoring talented colleagues. That's why we continuously invest in your development.
- A dynamic international working environment focused on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 27 holidays and 13 ADV days (possibility to sell these ADV days);
- Travel allowance (maximum of 75 KM one way);
- Profit sharing and pension allowance;
- Continuous attention to professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including leadership and management development programs);
- An active Damen social network regarding events and sports;
- A hybrid form of working, with full-time employment, the possibility of working two days from home.