Project Engineer – Customer Training
The vision of Damen Services is to be the strategic partner for our customers regarding sustainable support throughout the lifecycle of their vessels. We achieve this by exceeding the expectations of our customers with innovative solutions and proven concepts. We collaborate in a safe manner with competent and engaged colleagues and partners, always and everywhere around the world.
We support the central sales organization of Damen Shipyards Group in selling vessels by adding value in the form of services. By delivering excellent services, we increase the likelihood that a customer will choose Damen again for the replacement or expansion of their fleet.
Damen Services offers a wide portfolio of services for the entire lifecycle of a vessel built by Damen. This includes: support during the warranty period, providing training, supplying spare parts, conducting maintenance, and performing modifications and repairs. This is reflected in its employees; accessible, proactive, keeping their commitments, and willing to go that extra mile. Within the Services department, the question always is: How can we make it happen for the customer?
As a Project Engineer - Customer Training, you are involved in all phases of the training project, from the preparation phase to the execution phase. In this role, you maintain an overview and take the lead.
You are responsible for preparing a training or educational program, organizing additional aspects such as the course location and procuring external training components. You work from the office and sometimes at customer locations where training is conducted.
The majority of the training we offer is tailored to the newly sold vessel and the customer's organization. This includes technical, nautical, shipbuilding, and maritime-related training for a wide variety of vessel types and Damen products, globally.
The Training department within Damen Services is characterized by a collegial atmosphere and currently consists of five employees, who, in collaboration with other departments within the Damen organization, serve the customer in this area.
- Preparing and drafting training and education plans;
- You consult with the customer (representative) about the content of the program;
- You design training programs;
- You organize worldwide transportation and accommodations for trainers and participants;
- As project lead, you monitor the planning, progress, quality, and budget using the (SAP) ERP system and project schedules;
- You report project results to stakeholders within Damen;
- Having affinity with E-learning and Learning Management Systems;
- You collaborate with external suppliers of systems or training and ensure seamless integration of their programs into the Damen approach.
- You are strong in communication, engaged, customer-oriented, service-oriented, and a true team player;
- You are great at planning and organizing, maintaining an overview, with attention to detail and quality;
- Knowledge and experience such as that of a Maritime Officer and/or from shipbuilding, maritime engineering, or mechanical engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a project environment;
- An excellent command of both Dutch and English languages, both written and spoken.
- Additionally, you are independent and have no difficulty with occasional short-term business trips abroad (a few times per year).
We want to ensure that you are a satisfied Project Engineer, therefore we offer the opportunity to develop yourself in this role. We are a growing organization where Services is the driving force. We highly value supporting and guiding talented colleagues. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, which is why we continue to grow, innovate, and provide plenty of opportunities.
- A dynamic international working environment focused on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 27 holidays and 13 ADV days (possibility to sell these ADV days);
- Travel allowance (maximum of 75 KM one way);
- Profit sharing and pension allowance;
- Continuous attention to professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including leadership and management development programs);
- An active Damen social network regarding events and sports;
- A hybrid form of working, with full-time employment, the possibility of working two days from home.
The Training Department within Damen Services is a close-knit, dynamic (international) team where collaboration is central and is also characterized by its collegial atmosphere.
Are you the person who is adaptable and would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team? Do you enjoy the dynamics involved in the world of services?
Then we look forward to receiving your application with CV and motivation.
When you have any questions, reach out to our Recruiter Ankie van Hees.