Damen Shiprepair & Conversion
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Tender Manager to join our team. As a Tender Manager, you will be responsible for the comprehensive development and management of individual tenders.
The Tender Manager supervises and organizes the tender process for one or more large multidisciplinary and complex projects in the Sales / Tender phase until contract award. The tender process is both procedurally and substantively supervised by the Tender Manager, from the receipt of the invitation to tender through the tender phase, tender submittal and until contract award and hand-over to operations. As part of the Offshore & Conversion group within Damen Shiprepair & Conversion, the Tender Manager reports to the Lead Tender Manager.
As a Tender Manager, you are:
- Responsible for the development and management of individual tenders;
- Participating as a key member of the tender team, taking ownership of the tender process and develop clarifications, tender submittal, post-submittal clarifications, etc;
- Planning tender reviews and submittal deadlines according to the internal procedures and Customer requirements;
- Working with the Sales & Commercial Manager and the client to understand their drivers, issues, expectations and requirements;
- Maintaining client engagement until contract signing and ensure accurate cost analysis;
- Aware of competitive advantages and disadvantages and develop a tender strategy to win.
- Bachelor (HBO) level of thinking & working;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry;
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and to self-prioritize;
- Able to communicate and switch between different kind of people, ranging between different departments within the company, as well as clients;
- Good written and verbal communication in the English language.
We want to make sure you are a happy Tender Manager, so we offer the opportunity to develop yourself in this position. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow, innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- A good benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- The flexibility to work on several locations;
- No-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV (schedule free) days;
- A happy and active work environment.
Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam is part of the Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DS&C group). Our Rotterdam shipyards (locations Botlek and Schiedam) are characterized by special (dry dock) facilities and possibilities for preventive and curative maintenance. We carry out a wide range of maintenance work, installations and conversions for all possible maritime clients and types of vessels and (offshore) installations.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact one of our colleagues:
Harrie Nouwens, HR Manager, +31 6-23545020 or
Pieter van Balkom, Leading Tender Manager, +31 613063219.