Damen Shipyards Group
Commercial Manager Trading & Chartering
Damen Trading & Chartering is the brokerage/chartering company within the Damen Shipyards Group. We offer our clients the experience of Damen vessels and supports the sales department of the Damen Shipyards Group and its clients by introducing new vessel concepts and developing markets through (temporary) Damen vessel ownership. Our business form a sound symbiosis with other Damen entities as well as Damen clients.
Chartering workboats is a Damen activity, which dates back to the early seventies. In 1974 the Marine Service Division was officially formed. Chartering out vessels became a service to clients while a new vessel was being built at the shipyard. Today, providing a frontrunner is one of the many services which Damen has to offer. We presently operates a modern fleet of harbour tugs, workboats, waterbusses, barges and crew boats. Through Damen Trading & Chartering we offer brokerage services for used vessels and trade-in possibilities against new building Damen vessels.
The company's office is situated in Gorinchem at the head-office of the Damen Shipyards Group in The Netherlands, close to the sales department and product development departments of the new building division.
As Commercial Manager, you play a crucial role in the successful utilization of our fleet and establishment of new business. Damen Trading & Chartering department is responsible for all aspects of vessel chartering activities on a day-to-day basis. It is the chartering department’s principal responsibility to ensure profitable employment of our vessels and to develop new business in close consultation with the Damen newbuilding sales managers. You provide together with your colleagues 24-7 support. You will work closely together with our operations department to ensure timely and accurate execution of charter contracts.
- Prepare, submit and follow up chartering offers;
- Monitor market developments, conditions and charter rates;
- Identify opportunities for Damen built vessels;
- Draft and negotiate (BIMCO) charter contracts;
- Responsible for post-fixture activities and work alongside operations staff for the coordination and follow up between the client, captains, agents and chartering brokers;
- Establish excellent working relationship with existing Damen clients, Damen newbuilding sales teams and build new client base;
- Visit projects, clients and vessels when so required. Report your written conclusions including possible operational and technical improvements.
For the position Commercial Manager, we are looking for a person with the following profile:
- Bachelor degree preferably in the maritime field, commerce or economics;
- A minimum of 2 years relevant working experience in the maritime industry;
- Pro-active and independent approach and being able to work in a structured manner;
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both in writing and speaking;
- A strong and powerful communicator and negotiator;
- Willingness to travel abroad and visit the vessels when so required.
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing talented individuals is of great importance. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- flexibility with a homeworking policy;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- an active social environment such as events and sports;
- working in a family environment.
Are you a commercial hands-on maritime professional with a positive attitude and strong organizational skills? Do you have knowledge of Damen vessels and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now for the Commercial Manager position!
Contact our recruiter Ankie van Hees, when you have any questions.