Damen Workboats & High Speed Craft
Master Data Maintainer
Vacancy: Master Data Maintainer, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Workboats!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Master Data Maintainer.
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electric propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Meet the Data Management team!
The Data Management team manages the material and related master data and documentation of all parts used worldwide by Engineering, Material Coordination, Supply Chain, Production and Services. The Data Management Team is part of the ‘Standards & Documentation’ department of Damen. Next to this team, there are two other teams: ‘Standards’ and ‘Technical Documentation’. Altogether, they focus on the availability, promotion and management of ship-related data and documentation to support the end-to end-processes of building a ship, from sales to after-sales.
Are you a good fit for the role of Master Data Maintainer at Damen Workboats? Now or in the near future?
As a Data Maintainer, you'll be acting as a ‘data maintainer’ from the master data management systematics. And as Data Specialist you will work together with colleagues in Ukraine and the Standards and Technical Documentation teams.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Ensure timely and qualitative processing of the daily questions and requests in the field of part data;
- Ensure the correct, complete and timely registration of the requested part data for the Part Catalog, checking it against the data quality rules and standards used;
- Analyse the part database for inconsistencies, uniqueness, validity, completeness and timeliness;
- Provide support in establishing, implementing, managing and monitoring data standards.
We ask our future Master Data Maintainer to come prepared with the following:
- MBO4/HBO work and think level;
- Minimum of 2 years experience with master data in ERP (IFS, SAP or similar) and/or information systems such as PIM and MDM;
- Feeling for data and affinity with technical and supply chain data of consumables;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch is a pre.
- Result-oriented, a "Data Specialist" with initiative;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Master Data Maintainer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organisation with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
We want to make sure you are a happy Master Data Maintainer, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Master Data Maintainer by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Bealien Schot at [email protected], Please send me a WhatsApp for questions or information. or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Workboats does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.