Damen Workboats & High Speed Craft
Lead Engineer Electrical
Vacancy: Lead Engineer Electrical, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Workboats!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Lead Engineer Electrical.
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid electrical propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Are you a good fit for the role of Lead Engineer Electrical at Damen Workboats? Now or in the near future?
As Lead Engineer Electrical, you will focus on the integration of electrical systems, such as power, navigation, alarm and monitoring systems. Full integration of these complex systems webbed in the Workboats is your goal. As Lead Engineer, you will play a leading role in the detailed engineering process, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with your counterparts at clients and suppliers.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, etc;
- Set up and maintain a detailed engineering team per project by leading one or multiple (junior) E&A engineers;
- Be able to control the technical- and organisation scope of multiple projects, including different engineering teams simultaneously;
- Set up preliminary one-line diagrams, load-balance, panel and cable tray arrangements; Prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for electrical systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs;
- Supporting client, class and national authorities’ during the approval process;
- Organise and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers.
We ask our future Lead Engineer Electrical to come prepared with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical study;
- At least five years relevant work experience, preferably in the shipbuilding industry; Experience in the functional development of Electrification and/or Control & Monitoring systems;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch is a pre;
- Good communication.
- Result-oriented, a "Lead Engineer" with initiative and management skills;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Lead Engineer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organisation with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Willing to travel (short trips about 1 to 2 times a year).
We want to make sure you are a happy Lead Engineer Electrical, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Lead Engineer Electrical by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.