Damen Workboats & High Speed Craft
Portfolio Manager Damen Workboats
Vacancy: Portfolio Manager, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Workboats!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for a Portfolio Manager.
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electric propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Meet the Product Team!
The Product team of the division Workboats are responsible for maintaining an attractive product portfolio based on the building blocks provided by Technology Management. The goal is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs/dredgers/workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on the series production of (smart-customised) standard designs.
Are you a good fit for the role of Portfolio Manager at Damen Workboats? Now or in the near future?
As Portfolio Manager you are responsible for maintaining a commercially attractive product portfolio of compact class ship types within the High-Speed Craft Product Group. You as, the Portfolio Manager, oversee the introduction of new designs, maintenance of existing designs, and the retirement of old designs, all in line with the market and customer needs.
As Portfolio Manager you assist D&P Engineers with first of series and off standard projects. The product portfolio forms the base on which proposals are made for our customers.
It is your responsibility to ensure the optimisation and standardization of this process within your product group, but also across the division to take full advantage of the available synergies.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Develop, manage, implement and monitor the realisation of the product management plan;
- Monitoring the Freeze and release of the standard ship types;
- Manage and contribute to preparation and delivery of proposal(s), in collaboration with sales department incl. cost calculations;
- Ensuring a good and efficient start-up of projects, and checking on quality within projects;
- Contribute and manage the development of knowledge, new products, innovations and product protection, within operational budgets and in line with customer demands;
- Optimisation, standardization and commonality in ship types;
- Evaluate and continuously improve the design of the products and processes;
- Initiate and implement changes and improvements accordingly, in line with external (market) developments;
- Advise various stakeholders on product-related topics;
- Preparations of risk boards, as far as applicable.
We ask our future Portfolio to come prepared with the following:
- a Master in Mechanical Engineering or Naval constructions;
- Preferably 5 years of relevant working experience with demonstrably/ deep knowledge of High-speed crafts for about 3 years; Pro-active attitude, with ability to identify risks in an early stage;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch is a pre.
- Result-oriented, a " Portfolio Manager" with initiative and management skills;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Willing to occasionally travel.
We want to make sure you are a happy Portfolio Manager, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Portfolio Manager by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Bealien Schot at [email protected], Please send me a WhatsApp for questions or information. or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.