Damen Workboats & High Speed Craft
Team Lead Engineering Electrical & Automation
Vacancy: Team Lead Engineering Electrical & Automation, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for more sustainable maritime industry?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Workboats!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Team Lead Engineering Electrical & Automation
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electric propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Meet the Electrical and Automation team.
In the role of Team Lead Engineering E&A, you are responsible for the team members assigned to you in your role as Team Captain. This is a group of Electrical and Automation Engineers and Project Manager Engineering. You ensure that the people in the group can perform and develop themselves in the most optimal way in relation to organisation and department goals. As Team Lead Engineering you lead and manage this group in the four engineering phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering, and production support.
Are you a good fit for the role of Team Lead Engineering E&A at Damen Workboats? Now or in the near future?
As Team Lead Engineering E&A, you are responsible for the entire electrical and automation scope within the technical ship specification, you ensure this is managed and aligned properly with other related disciplines and suppliers. As Team Lead Engineering you are responsible for the vessel-specific E&A design philosophy for power generation, propulsion, and automation. You initiate and coordinate system integration in close cooperation with main suppliers.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Responsible for the integration of E&A, AV/IT and Navcom systems, including requests for quotations and the vendor data process;
- Able to define deliverables, manage the budget, plan the engineering work and manage the Quality and Risks;
- Act as a consultant for the E&A design for the department Design & Proposal;
- Manage the client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Organise document control and configuration control;
- Support in factory acceptance tests and shore- and sea trials;
- Identify opportunities to improve Cost, Time and Quality of our products & systems;
- Support and help define engineering processes and KPI’s.
We ask our future Team Lead Engineering E&A to come prepared with the following:
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, e.g. as (assistant) Project Manager. Pre: E&A Marine experience;
- Experience with standardised shipbuilding and series construction;
- Pro-active attitude, with ability to identify risks in an early stage;
- Experience with standardised shipbuilding and series construction is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch is a pre.
- Result-oriented, a " Team Lead Engineering" with initiative and management skills;
- Quality conscious;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Willingness to travel (short trips about 1 to 2 times a year).
We want to make sure you are a happy Team Lead Engineering Electrical & Automation, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Team Lead Engineering E&A by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Hedy Norbart [email protected] or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.