Damen Workboats & High Speed Craft
Team Leader Master Data Management
Vacancy: Team Leader Master Data Management, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Workboats!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Team Lead Master Data Management.
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electric propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Meet the Data Management team!
The Data Management team manages the material and related master data and documentation of all parts used worldwide by Engineering, Material Coordination, Supply Chain, Production and Services. The Data Management Team is part of the ‘Standards & Documentation’ department of Damen. Next to this team, there are two other teams: ‘Standards’ and ‘Technical Documentation’. Altogether, they focus on the availability, promotion and management of ship-related data and documentation to support the end-to end-processes of building a ship, from sales to after-sales.
Are you a good fit for the role of Team Leader Master Data Management at Damen Workboats? Now or in the near future?
As Team Lead Master Data Management, you are responsible to create, update and phasing out parts. Different data quality dimensions such as consistency and completeness are monitored and reported. These continuously evolve and are expanded with new tasks to serve the business at its best. In this journey, you as Team Lead Master Data lead the development of your team members and take the team to the next level of master data management.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Develop, manage, coach and appraise the Data Management team;
- Managing the central team in Gorinchem and being responsible for the results of the team in Ukraine;
- Coordinate the work of the team: divide tasks, set priorities and handle escalations;
- Initiate and manage (improvement) initiatives and make sure these initiatives are successfully completed;
- Make sure that the agreed data standards and work instructions are implemented, managed and data management activities are monitored for compliance to these standards;
- Manage operational performance on data quality and data maintenance process;
- Make decisions within your responsibility of master data management related topics;
- Contribute to global programs related to the MDM / ERP / CAD-PDM / AM systems.
We ask our future Team Leader Master Data Management to come prepared with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and a strong affinity with technique;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in managing master data for materials, preferably in an international environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch is a pre;
- Experience in leading an (improvement project) team.
- Result-oriented, a "Team Leader" with initiative and management skills;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Team Leader with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organisation with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
We want to make sure you are a happy Team Leader Master Data Management, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Team Leader Master Data Management by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Bealien Schot at [email protected], Please send me a WhatsApp for questions or information. or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.