Damen Workboats & High Speed Craft
Technology Specialist Automation
Vacancy: Technology Specialist Automation, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Workboats!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Technology Specialist Automation
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electric propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Meet the team Technology management!
The Technology management department of the division Workboats has a focus on the development and standardization of technology. The department consists of a team, responsible for programs like Sustainable propulsion, IT onboard and Core Technologies, such as Systems, Shipbuilding and E&A. Programs that can consist of one or more Technology Clusters, in which development and/or standardization takes place.
Are you a good fit for the role of Technology Specialist Automation at Damen Workboats? Now or in the near future?
As a Technology Specialist Automation, you will work on the next digital innovation of the Damen ship operating system that controls core technologies in Damen-built Workboats. You will design standardised software systems and controls given a set of requirements, ready for the digital age, for Workboats. As Technology Specialist Automation you will work in multi-disciplinary teams and in close cooperation with the Program Manager IT on board.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Create functional and technical designs, detailing how to get the best out of the IT on board, In a standardised structured design process;
- Translate design into the control & automation requirements, and ensure data on board converts into value;
- Development and standardisation of modular software building blocks, fully integrated with the physical domain of the system platforms;
- Implementation of the developed technology on board;
- Ensure maintainable systems with a fit in the operational management processes.
We ask our future Technology Specialist Automation to come prepared with the following:
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in Control Systems or equivalent;
- Hands-on and have a broad technologically interest and capable to get the essence of functions and technical possibilities of the embedded platforms to translate it to concrete opportunities;
- Experience in designing (embedded) software;
- Knowledge of the workings of embedded software systems;
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies, like Scrum or XP; • Knowledge of Linux, scripting and IP-networking (pre). Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch is a pre.
- Result-oriented, a "Technology Specialist" with initiative;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Lead Engineer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organisation with a hands-on culture; Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
We want to make sure you are a happy Technology Specialist Automation, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Technology Specialist Automation by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Hedy Norbart [email protected] or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.