Engineer Mechanical - Patrol Vessels
Are you a Mechanical Engineer and ready for the next step? Do you have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and is the challenge of developing standardized solutions for our range of ships your driver? Then please apply, as we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer for our Patrol Vessel team.
At Damen Workboats our goal is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs, dredgers or workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
As a Mechanical Engineer in our team you will be involved in the engineering of Fast Patrol Vessels.
Within the division of Workboats, you will be part of a small team which is responsible for translating the technical building specifications of our Fast Patrol Vessels into the engineering package used by the shipyard to build them.
You will be challenged to work in different fields of your expertise and to increase your knowledge of the shipbuilding world.
It is important for us that you remain satisfied in your role, this is why we will support you to develop and grow your knowledge and expertise.
In this role you will be:
- Collaborating in the execution of the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment;
- Performing calculations in the mechanical engineering field;
- Working closely together with all stakeholders;
- Monitoring quality and helping interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Supporting in Client, Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Supporting the coordination of the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
From a Mechanical Engineer in our team we require the following:
- A Higher Vocational or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 0 to 5 years of working experience in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience with AutoCAD;
- Easy going person and willing to learn;
- Quality consciousness and working accurately;
- Pro-active, creative, with practical approach;
- Ability to work independently, showing ownership and result driven;
- Fluency in English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
We want to make sure you are a happy Mechanical Engineer, so we will support you to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A work from home policy;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information, then don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.