Engineer Mechanical - Tugs
Does your heart beat faster when you see a vessel? Are you an Engineer and interested in the maritime sector? We are looking for an Engineer Mechanical Tugs.
At Damen Workboats our goal is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs, dredgers or workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
Today Damen has the ambition to become the most sustainable maritime solution provider in the world. We will deliver products and services that leave a positive impact on the environment and society, ensuring our long-term resilience.
Damen Workboats is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a focus on Tugs. You are at the start of your career and you want to be part of an engineering team and work on a variety of ship type designs to translate the technical building specifications into a Basic (and Detail) Engineering package. For the major detail engineering and 3D packages you will work closely with our yards in China and Vietnam.
In this position we will support you in developing your skills with trainings, workshops, etc. By doing so you can grow into a Senior or Lead role or whatever role you see fit.
In this role you will be:
- Involved in all the phases of engineering like: design checks, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Performing calculations related to load/power, strength and flow calculations in the mechanical engineering field;
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications;
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
You are striving for quality in your work and a practical approach is in your blood. You are not afraid to share your ideas and you are creative in finding solutions.
As a basis you bring the following:
- A Bachelor degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies;
- Good communication skills;
- Fluency in English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and sustainability;
- a matching salary;
- a work from home policy, being two days per week in a fulltime contract;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.