Project Manager Workboats
At Damen Workboats our goal is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs, dredgers or workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
Today Damen has the ambition to become the most sustainable maritime solution provider in the world. We will deliver products and services that leave a positive impact on the environment and society, ensuring our long-term resilience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, communicative and experienced Project Manager for our te department Workboats Project Management. The vacancy is for 40 hours per week and based in our head office in Gorinchem. As a Project Manager you manage the new build of High Speed Vessels, Fast Ferries and or Tugs from drawing up to delivery to our clients. As a Project Manager you are the Captain of a multi disciplinary team and accountable for managing the engineering, supply chain and production activities for our vessels built at our yards mainly in China, Turkey and Vietnam.
In this role you will be:
- Kicking off the project, determining the scope of work and determining deliverables for the multi disciplinary team;
- Monitoring progress of Engineering, deliverables of Supply Chain and progress of Production to ensure timely delivery of the vessel(s) to our customers;
- Identifying project risks and determining mitigation actions;
- Acting as the main point of contact for our clients and guiding them through the process of shipbuilding;
- Informing stakeholders on a regular basis with project status regarding, timing, quality, risks, costs and contractual requirements;
- Managing of disturbances in the process which might impact time, quality and costs;
- Delivering the vessels to clients, fulfilling our contractual requirements and handing over the project after successful delivery to our Services department responsible for the warranty project;
- Following up on the vessel during the warranty phase to ensure feed back for product and process improvement.
To be successful in this role you have:
- a Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding, Maritime Technology or Electric and automation;
- Proven experience in Project Management in a multi disciplinary team;
- At least 3-5 years experience in a similar position preferably in a Maritime environment;
- The ability to oversee the red lines in a project and the drive to guide the team as a Captain;
- Social skills to be able to motivate the team to go the extra mile;
- A result orientation with a keen eye for organizational sensitivity;
- Good communication skills on all levels from production to executive level;
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
The department Project Management consists of approx. 25 young professionals who work hard and have a lot of fun. We are eager to develop ourselves and deliver our clients the best Workboats on time and within budget. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.