Senior Engineer Shipbuilding - Standardization Tea...
Are you a Shipbuilding Engineer ready for the next step? Do you feel ownership and are you able to translate the functional and stake-holder requirements in a well-supported technical design or solution? And is the challenge of developing standardized solutions for our range of ships your driver? Then please apply, as we are looking for an Engineer Shipbuilding for our standardization team!
At Damen Workboats our goal is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs, dredgers or workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
As a Senior Engineer Shipbuilding, you are responsible for the initiation and realization of the development and improvement of technical systems. After realization, you will support the implementation of new standards in existing and conceptual designs of ships.
Besides your own operational tasks, you will guide a multi-disciplinary team working on the projects. You will be guided and coached by the category product owner and you will work closely together with co-makers, suppliers and all relevant departments, such as Research & Development, Design & Proposal, Engineering, Services, Production and Quality Control. Documentation & training.
As an Senior Engineer Shipbuilding you will be:
- Executing all the phases of engineering according to the V-model. From the setting-up of functional requirements until the preparation of commissioning protocols;
- Providing technical advice to the business regarding the product range and it’s functionality, performance and quality;
- Being able to set-up a project plan and perform it from end-to-end;
- Assessing and analyzing input of stakeholders like, Product Group, Engineering, Services and Suppliers;
- Maintaining a network of internal stakeholders and suppliers;
- Supporting the Class Society and National Authorities approval process;
- Preparing sketches as proposal and making the final drawing of the standardized parts and solutions;
- Setting-up of Design Philosophies and Measurement and Commissioning protocols;
As a Senior Engineer Shipbuilding in the standardization team you need to have the following competences:
- A quality consciousness and a practical approach;
- You are an easy-going person, pro-active, creative, showing ownership and result driven;
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably in the field of Naval architecture;
- 8+ years of working experience in Engineering in the maritime sector;
- Familiarity with the Rules and Regulations and being able to interpret it and translate it for our ship-type portfolio;
- Experience with AutoCAD;
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies;
- Good communication skills in managing stakeholders and in documenting the standard;
- English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports.
- A work from home policy.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need some more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93
Damen Workboats does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.