Lead Engineer Interior
At Damen Yachting, we proudly build and refit the very best Amels superyachts, Damen SeaXplorer expedition yachts and Damen Yacht Support vessels for our clients to enjoy the finest moments in life. We are a Dutch family-owned yacht builder and proud of our long pedigree of craftsmanship. From our locations in Vlissingen in the Netherlands and Gdynia in Poland, our strong team of approximately 450 yacht building professionals is the foundation of our successful growth. Together with hundreds of specialist co-makers, we deliver what we promise with unrivalled knowhow and a passion for innovation. Damen Yachting is the yachting division of the Damen Shipyards Group, the world’s leading specialist ship builder, which operates 35 yards globally with 12,000 employees.
The Lead Engineer Interior delivers independently, on time and with good quality engineering products and, if requested, leads a small group of engineers in such a way that their engineering products are delivered on time and of good quality.
- Is added to a project team by the Technical Manager and receives the project assignments from the Interior Specialist and, if necessary, translate them to the small group that he/she manages professionally.
- Assists the Interior Specialist in monitoring the planning for the small group that he/she manages professionally.
- Prepares his/her own tasks and ensures a realistic planning of own work.
- Independently designs and / or models accommodations.
- Independently draws up (especially complex) sketches, drawings, calculations and lists.
- Approves documentation from sub-suppliers for the interior.
- Coordinates and controls engineering outsourcing.
- provides technical and substantive support for production and commissioning.
- Knowledge at the level of MBO4 / Bachelor degree inarchitect / design / construction / interior architecture / interior construction.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Practical knowledge of yacht execution details, extensive knowledge of relevant regulations and yacht building interior aspects.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of Autocad.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports