Dutch Marine Contractors BV is a dynamic maritime service provider, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
We are active in various segments of the maritime industry, e.g. oil & gas, offshore wind, construction, dredging and salvage industry. Our main activity is handling the commercial ship management for a fleet of tug- and workboats on a worldwide scale. We are ambitious and determined to grow and expand our business and we are sourcing for a: (Jr.) Commercial Manager
- Establish and maintain long-term commercial relations with existing and future clients;
- Prepare, collect and maintain correct and relevant market information and backoffice documentation;
- Prepare and issue quotations and ensure proper follow-up;
- Negotiate and prepare commercial agreements and BIMCO contracts;
- Liaise between vessel(owners), clients, brokers, surveyors, insurances companies, shipping agents;
- Post fixture activities and reporting;
- Travel on a regular basis (visit clients, participate and visit exhibitions & trade fairs worldwide);
- Source and develop new markets, give advice on opportunities and overall company strategy;
- Expand the fleet of commercially managed vessels and / or equipment.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and social skills;
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and positive driven personality focused on results;
- No “nine – to – five” mentality;
- A proactive approach and able to create solutions in challenging projects;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written and spoken), knowledge of the German and French language is an advantage;
- 2-5 years of relevant maritime experience in a commercial or operational position;
- Experience and skills with BIMCO contracts;
- Knowledge of ship operations & management in general, preferably in the towage industry;
- An existing network in the offshore industry is an advantage.
- A dynamic position in an international work environment and flexible organization;
- Informal work atmosphere within a young and ambitious team;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Possibilities to grow on a personal and on a business level.