Eastport Maritime Europe
(Trainee) Ship Broker
Eastport Maritime Group
Established in 1980 in Singapore, Eastport Maritime is one of Asia’s largest ship-broking houses today. We have offices in Singapore, China, USA, Japan, Dubai and in the Netherlands to serve a diversified international clientele.
With an experienced team of over 180 personnel worldwide, we concentrate on S&P, spot and contract chartering, time-charters, covering the petrochemical, chemical gases, CPP & vegetable oil markets on a global basis. In addition, we have a barging department which contracts transportation of nearly 3 million tons of liquid product on European inland waterways
For a further expansion in our branch office in Spijkenisse, we are looking for a highly motivated, young, dynamic individual to join our team as:
(Trainee) Ship Broker
• To assist in competitive ship chartering as independent broker arranging sea-going transport;
• To create and facilitate deals between clients;
• To build and maintain good relationships with clients;
• To collect and share market information with colleagues and clients;
• To market the company’s services and acquire new business;
• To maintain contacts with cargo-owners and producers, ship-owners and operators, principals and agents;
• To maintain contacts with various internal departments.
• Completed education in a nautical technical field at MBO level or higher;
• Good administrative skills, and the ability to work with, and analyse IT/office systems;
• Good communication ability, team spirit, accuracy, initiative and service- oriented attitude are your key attributes;
• A logical approach to problems and an ability to work to time limits and under pressure;
• Shipping knowledge or experience would be an advantage, but not essential;
• You must be able to write and speak clearly in English and, preferably, also in Dutch.
The ideal candidate will report to the chartering manager and will be trained in all facets of the job with the intention to operate - after a training period - on an independent basis.
We are looking for motivated people, willing to work and learn in order to pursue a successful career in the industry.
Candidates can look forward to working in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment with plentiful career advancement paths. Successful employees are rewarded both financially and professionally.
All applications will be handled in full confidence. Interested candidates please submit their application together with CV to:
Eastport Maritime Europe BV
Bohrweg 5, 3208 KP Spijkenisse
[email protected] *Acquisition is not appreciated