The ideal candidate will have the ability to work safely and efficiently alone and in a small team. He/she will possess good practical technical and communication skills to collaborate with colleagues and the client.
Who we are
Econowind B.V. is a leading company that focuses on wind propulsion of seagoing vessels. Six years after its establishment, Econowind is leading in the installation of “VentoFoil” sail systems: a wing that works like a sail and saves about 10% fuel on sea-going vessels. We are a small company that expects to grow strongly in the coming years. Customer satisfaction, innovation and ambition are our keywords.
A fun, flexible, (possibly part-time) job in which you can develop yourself with numerous career opportunities. Econowind operates in the exciting booming market of wind propulsion. With a small but growing team, we just make it happen. We offer a good salary and excellent working conditions. You will work in a pleasant team of professionals in an informal environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of corrective and scheduled maintenance job: system repairs, calibration, exchanging parts, etc.
- Execution of system inspections: fault finding jobs and ship visits for maintenance preparation.
- Assist with preparing installation and commissioning jobs.
- Installing and commissioning VentoFoils on board ships. Installing hydraulics, electronics and assist in integration with ship’s systems
- Testing and quality evaluation of installed systems. Ensure compliance with internal specifications and maritime regulations
- Advice clients and train ship’s crew in the safe operation and maintenance of VentoFoils in accordance with system specifications and documentation.
- Assist service manager with planning and preparing service jobs
- Report on the progress and completion of service / commissioning jobs. Ensure all involved parties are informed on the progress to ensure remaining open items are followed up on.
- Feedback to the product and R&D department to improve future systems and ensure proper operability and maintainability of the systems.
- Ensure client satisfaction through a high level of service quality and appropriate accurate communication.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent practical technical skills. Basic knowledge of, and experience with mechanics, electronics and hydraulics.
- Analytical skills, to ensure accurate fault finding
- Good communication skills, to ensure clear communication with the client and colleagues. Not afraid to contact colleagues, subcontractors, clients or third parties to make sure a service job is executed effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to travel to ships. Comfortable with traveling internationally.
- Flexible enough for dealing with changes in ship’s schedules
- Good English skills, verbal and in writing
- Willingness to travel to HQ in Zeewolde regularly
- A proactive and flexible attitude is important in a small scale-up company like Econowind
- MBO (secondary vocational education) in a technical or maritime direction, such as mechanical engineering, maritime engineering, maritime officer, etc