Femern Link Contractors, FLC
Marine Crew Coordinator
For the offshore activities in FLC Marine starting up Q4-2023, we are looking for a skilled and dedicated Crew Coordinator to recruit and coordinate the offshore crew for the assigned vessels (multipurpose pontoon, spreader pontoon, protection layer pontoon, immersion pontoons and auxiliary equipment) for operation in the foreshore between Denmark and Germany.
The Crew Coordinator will be responsible for populating a crew pool and coordinating the crew planning /changes according to the approved crew mobilization plan. The crew are part of FLC Marine, and the position will report to the Crew Manager.
Who is FLC?
Femern Link Contractors, FLC, is the joint venture responsible for the design and construction of the immersed tunnel, tunnel portals and ramps. Our joint venture consists of nine international construction companies with individual experience in large infrastructure projects.
Together, we are committed to working together to deliver a state-of-the-art immersed tunnel, portals and ramps, delivered on time and safely, in a sustainable and ethical manner.
· Deal with day-to-day operational matters regarding crew offshore.
· Recruitment of crew/workmen and ensure that all FLC vessels are manned as per requirement.
· Collecting the crew docs and certificates and uploading on the company database
· Ensuring proper crew planning within the framework planning.
· Informing individual crew members on their travel schedules and appointed Vessel / Project.
· Organizing all necessary travel-related arrangements for crew including visas;
· Updating the Crew Management System with relevant data;
· Being a member of the emergency phone team for urgent crew-related issues outside office hours.
The ideal candidate has the capacity to coordinate, under Crew Manager guidance, different tasks and is people oriented with at least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of crewing operations. Furthermore, the candidate should possess the following qualifications:
· Knowledge of the international & Danish maritime industry.
· Good command of the English and Danish language, both written and spoken
· Rigor, autonomy, and adaptability
· Knowledge of maritime policies, rules and regulations both on a local and international level (e.g. ISM, MLC, CBA, STCW, POEA).
· Experience in working with crew/workmen and knows how to interact with them.
· Availability, versatility, and good interpersonal skills.
· Proactive and positive attitude, enthusiasm, and ability to cooperate in an always open and constructive manner
Conditions of employment:
FLC considers transparent management structures, short decision-making channels, and a team-oriented environment to be extremely important. Our staff is expected to set themselves targets, achieve them independently, and take responsibility for their actions – irrespective of their position in the company.
The Danish Salaried Employees Act (Funktionærloven) applies, pension, health insurance and lunch arrangement are available.
The workplace will be Rødby (Denmark).
Application and contact:
We will invite for interviews on an ongoing basis and close for application when the right candidate has been found.
For HR related questions to this position please contact HR Marine on +45 2481 9442.