For our company Schulte & Bruns Nederland BV we are looking for a candidate for the position of
Operator Dry Cargo
to strengthen our chartering team in our Groningen office. You will be responsible for the daily operations of a number of vessels, whereby you have frequent contact with our captains, agents and customers. In this position you will report to the Manager Operations Department.
Schulte & Bruns is active in chartering and is operating modern tonnage between 4.000 and 12.000 tons multi-purpose vessels carrying dry bulk, break-bulk, containers and project cargoes. Our fleet is managed from a network of offices in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Spain.
Our principal trades are within the North Sea, Baltic Sea, the Mediterranean Sea as well as the Atlantic Basin.
As Operator Dry Cargo you:
- are the one in charge for all operational and post-fixing matters for all vessels assigned to you;
- schedule the voyages and procure all voyage related services with captains and port agents;
- ensure all contractual terms and conditions are met;
- do the administrative voyage filing and prompt analysis of voyage results and commercial performance of the vessels;
- prepare and control cargo documents, invoices and disbursement accounts;
- manage bunkering operations;
- perform laytime calculation; and
- do the claims handling of cargo related issues.
The ideal candidate should have:
- a shipping education with relevant qualifications;
- experience as vessel operator with practical expertise in shipping;
- expertise in international shipping and contract law;
- commercial, negotiating, analytical and reporting skills;
- a 24/7 mentality;
- good communication skills, a team player mentality, accuracy, initiative and a service minded attitude;
- a logical approach to problems and capability to work under pressure; and
- excellent knowledge of English, verbal and in writing. German and/or French is an advantage.
What can Schulte & Bruns Nederland offer you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment;
- Possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- Good remuneration in line with experience and future development;
- Dedicated and experienced colleagues;
- International working environment.
Applications, including résumé, should be addressed to:
Schulte & Bruns Nederland B.V.
Attn. Mr. Kjell Kottkamp
E-mail: [email protected]
No agency acquisition please
ForestWave Navigation Group, of which Schulte & Bruns Nederland is a wholly owned subsidiary, is a young shipping company, founded in 2003 and growing rapidly since 2011.
We are active in the multi-purpose shortsea segment. The majority of the vessels we operate are in the size between 4.000 and 12.000 ton carrying capacity, fly Dutch flag, have ice class and cranes. These vessels are operated mainly in European waters and the Atlantic Basin.
Our activities include commercial management (35 vessels), technical and crew management (12 vessels) and ship owning.
Today we employ an office staff of 36 people and on board of our vessels about 150 seafarers.
Our focus is to offer our customers excellent and spot on service and to operate the vessels efficiently by operating and manning these with well trained and flexible personnel in order to not only meet the expectations of the charterers and the owners, but also go the extra mile.