ForestWave Navigation B.V.
(Senior) Superintendent (1 fte)
Due to expansion of our fleet we have a vacancy for a (Senior) Superintendent.
As (Senior) Superintendent you are part of the Technical Department.
In this function you are responsible for the operational condition and performance of the vessels assigned to you and the performance of the staff on board these vessels.
Focus is to continuously improve and assess the nautical, technical and operational condition and performance of the vessels and their crew. You will support and advocate the company’s safety and environmental policy.
Not only international traveling will be required to check the condition and performance of your vessels and our shipboard crew, but regular reporting of your conclusions (in writing) as well.
You will report to the Technical Director.
- Having the managerial role towards shipboard staff when it comes to performance, regular maintenance and repairs, procurement, compliance, safety and environmental awareness, budget and reporting. Therefore, you will be the first contact for the vessel’s staff regarding day-to-day technical and nautical management;
- Improving and assessing senior shipboard staff performance not only for maximum efficiency, flexibility and quality delivered, but also their safety and environmental awareness;
- Monitoring and following up on regular and periodic maintenance and surveys, port state control- and class inspections and technical-related unplanned off-hires;
- Scheduling and supervising repairs and inspections on board the vessels and dry dockings;
- Arranging technical support for the vessels;
- Preparing ship’s budgets and dry-docking tenders and budgets and submitting these for approval; and
- Controlling allocated budgets and regular and timely reporting on deviations.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Marof / HBO education completed;
- Minimum 5 years working experience as ships’ engineer and relevant shore-based experience;
- Cross culture awareness and strong verbal communicating skills in English;
- Good written communication, reporting and administrative skills;
- Target focused: zero off hires, zero damages, no injuries, no accidents, high crew retention;
- Strong planning and organisational skills; and
- Flexible 24/7 attitude.
What has ForestWave to offer to you?
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a competitive yet friendly global teamwork environment;
- Possibilities to grow professionally in our organization;
- Good remuneration in line with experience and future development (including a company car and solid pension plan); and
- Dedicated and experienced colleagues.
Applications, including résumé, should be addressed to:
ForestWave Navigation B.V.
9727 DL Groningen
E-mail: [email protected]
No agency acquisition
ForestWave is a young shipping company founded in 2003 and growing rapidly since 2011.
We are active in the multi-purpose shortsea segment. The vessels we operate are in the size range between 6.000 and 12.500 ton carrying capacity, most of these fly Dutch flag, have ice class and cranes. Our fleet is operated mainly in European waters and the Atlantic Basin.
Our activities include commercial management (35 vessels), technical and crew management (12 vessels) and ship owning.
We employ an office staff of 38 people and on board of our vessels about 200 seafarers.
Today, the Technical Department consists of a Technical Director, two Superintendents, a Marine Quality Inspector, a Purchaser and a Fleet Engineer.
Our focus is to offer our customers excellent and spot on service and to operate the vessels efficiently by operating and manning these with well trained and flexible personnel in order to not only meet the expectations of the charterers and owners, but also go the extra mile.