Are you a seasoned professional in the maritime industry with a passion for ensuring operational excellence in Quality, Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (QHSSE)? If you are a dynamic, forward-thinking QHSSE professional seeking a challenging role with global impact, we invite you to explore this opportunity with us. Join our team in Nootdorp and be an integral part of our commitment to excellence in maritime assurance.
You will be the driving force behind ensuring that all onshore and offshore activities adhere to the highest standards of health and safety, with a keen focus on environmental protection and pollution prevention. In this role, you ensure that all onshore and offshore activities are carried out with the highest regard for the health and safety involved in the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
As a QHSSE Advisor, you are an operational independent adviser, auditor, and coach for the Company and vessels on matters related to marine assurance. You provide day-to-day QHSSE advice and active assistance within the Business Unit, department, vessel, and/or project. You promote a culture of safety and environmental responsibility among the marine workforce. You conduct risk assessments and develop safety protocols for maritime activities. Also, you investigate incidents, accidents, and near misses, providing recommendations for improvement.
This is an office-based job, yet traveling is part of the role, since the assigned vessels are located globally. You are available for frequent planned and unplanned travel around the world if required (a total of 3 / 4 months a year). Mostly vessels are operating in Europe; your trips will then be short.
- You are responsible that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism in accordance with the Company’s Management System and project specific documentation;
- You identify training needs, bring them to the attention of the Company and take full advantage of the training opportunities provided;
- You conduct internal and external assurance and navigational audits, third party marine inspections and incident investigations on sea-going vessels, and monitoring corrective actions where required;
- You develop and implement procedures, standards and guidelines that ensure vessel operations are in compliance with Fugro safety standards and regulations at all times, and in line with our clients’ and local international legal maritime requirements;
- You advise the Company, on and offshore, on maritime regulations and the interpretation thereof to ensure Flag State compliance and other maritime regulations and standards;
- You take care of regular and timely reporting, administrating, updating and controlling all responsibilities through our management system.
Your track record
- You have an academic/higher professional education and/or working level and previous experience as a 2nd officer or higher rank preferably in the offshore industry with Dynamic Positioning experience;
- You have an Internal Auditor Qualification; NEBOSH international diploma or equivalent is preferred aswell as experience in incident investigation;
- You have 3 years onshore experience in a similar role;
- You have sound knowledge of International Maritime legislation (ISM, ISPS, MLC, ISO etc.), as well as versed in HSSE regulations;
- You have a good command of the English language, both verbal and in writing;
- You focus on continuous improvement and are HSSE performance driven.
What Fugro offers
- A competitive salary;
- 29 holidays per year based on a fulltime employment (of which 4 are appointed by Fugro management) and the possibility to purchase 12 additional days;
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally;
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies;
- Commuting allowance;
- Modern pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance;
- Possibility to register with our corporate fitness plan;
- Coaching options through our EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Are you interested?
Please visit our Company Page to find out more on what it is like to work at Fugro.
For further information, please contact Dominique Wesenbeek, Corporate Recruiter, tel. +31 (0)6 - 38599556.