Are you passionate about maritime technology and driven by the challenge of maintaining top-tier vessel performance? We're seeking a Technical Superintendent to join our dynamic team in Nootdorp, the Netherlands, and serve as a technical consultant to our vessel management and USV operational teams.
You'll be entrusted with maintaining and enhancing the reliability of our diverse fleet, including Geophysical Research Vessels (typically DP0 or DP1 classed), Geotechnical Drilling Research vessels (DP2 classed), and Inspection vessels equipped with DP2 classification and ROVs for comprehensive inspection tasks. In this role you monitor the technical performance of the assigned vessels and USV's and plan, arrange and execute maintenance and repair periods according to global standards for fleet management and management contracts. You advise the Vessel Management Team, both shore based and offshore based Vessel Management Teams on technical matters and provide input on performance reviews.
This is a office based job, yet travelling is part of the role, since the assigned vessels are located globally. You are available for frequent planned and unplanned travel around the world if required (a total of 3 / 4 months a year).
- You ensure maintenance is in accordance with the applicable rules & regulations, industry standards and the Fugro Maintenance Strategy;
- You are responsible for continuous preparation of maintenance & repair periods and their budgets;
- You report expenditure on the approved capitalized budget versus expenditure;
- You make sure that reviews are all planned, repair work scopes are reported and contribute to modifications where necessary;
- You advise on purchasing of materials and/or services in accordance with best economic interests;
- You ensure that annual technical assessments are planned & carried out on timely manner;
- You ensure that drydocking work orders are prepared for special / renewal surveys in accordance to Fugro maintenance strategy & class requirements;
- You make sure emergency docking plans and documents are up to date;
Your track record
- You have a background as Marine Engineer, Automation Engineer or Mechanical Engineer;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a role with relevant experience;
- You have sound knowledge of Marine HSE legislation;
- You have excellent technical knowledge (Marine mechanical, structural, electrical) and project management and reporting skills;
- You are in the possession of good communications skills and are fluent in English both written and spoken.
What Fugro offers
- A competitive salary;
- 29 holidays per year based on a fulltime employment (of which 4 are appointed by Fugro management) and the possibility to purchase 12 additional days;
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally;
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies;
- Commuting allowance;
- Modern pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance;
- Possibility to register with our corporate fitness plan;
- Coaching options through our EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Are you interested?
Please visit our Company Page to find out more on what it is like to work at Fugro. If you have any further questions, please contact Dominique Wesenbeek, Corporate Recruiter, tel. +31 (0)6 - 38599556.