Always wanted to work in a superintendent position in the maritime stronghold of the northern part of The Netherlands? Will you thrive in a young and ambitious ship managing company that has the ambition to grow? Don’t look any further!
Gronberg Ship Management has been established in 2018 as Ship Manager for the own fleet of Peak Group in Norway. Right now we are slowly but surely expanding our fleet with new external customers. The office is located in Delfzijl with perfect view on the harbour. Our team currently consists of 7 people. The charm of a small team is that there is no island culture, we help each other out when needed.
In first instance all tasks and responsibilities are executed in consultation with the superintendent. The superintendent trains you to become an all-round superintendent. In due time your responsibilities and independence will grow.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Technical and nautical support of the fleet;
- Organise unplanned repairs, regular maintenance and dockings;
- Review and keep track of the supply orders of the fleet;
- Stay in close contact with suppliers;
- Ensure that planned maintenance system, certificates and documentation are kept up to date;
- Keep track of (inter) national rules and regulations and ensures compliance;
- Carrie out ship visits in order to inspect the overall condition of the vessel including its technical and nautical equipment and creates inspection reports;
- Support and motivate crewmembers;
- Is the technical helpdesk for the company;
- Week(end) duty for urgent matters during non-working hours.
- Higher or Secondary vocational naval engineering/maritime or comparable;
- Preferable seagoing experience as junior engineer or junior officer or as service engineer;
- Command of the Dutch and English language in both speaking and writing;
- Customer focus, providing service or assistance where necessary;
- High sense of safety for yourself, the crew, environment and fleet.
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- The possibility to gain experience and develop yourself;
- A trustworthy and flexible employer.
Are you interested in this position? Please send you resume and application letter to: