Huisman Equipment BV
Workpreparation Engineer Steel constructions
Vacancy: Work Preparation Engineer who is equipped for impact
Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Work Preparation
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"The fact that it has never been done before, makes it extra special."
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
About the position of Work Preparation Engineer
To strengthen our department, we are looking for a Work Preparation Engineer steel construction with experience in a production environment (heavy steel or mechanical engineering). A relevant technical bachelor's degree engineering (bachelor with 1-3 years of experience or Vocational level with 3 to 10 years of experience) is desirable. Interest? Then read on. Maybe we have the job you're looking for.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
Being a Work Preparator Steel constructions, you and your team are responsible for all new build and service projects at the Huisman production site in Schiedam. You will closely cooperate with project management, engineering, production management and our production facility in Czech Republic.
As a Work Preparation Engineer you will;
- Define production strategy based on available resources;
- Evaluate project related information such as manufacturing drawings, technical specifications and quality control documents, bill of material, production planning and budgets;
- Make the manufacturing bill off material (MBOM) and initiate make or buy process;
- Predict resources and create material planning;
- Initiate purchases and pre-reservations for stock material;
- Estimate hours and resources;
- Issue and monitor workorders, sequencing work;
- Initiate subcontracting for material and components;
- Tender, subcontract and monitor steel constructions and external operations;
- Periodically communicate on the results of projects within our internal communication and information structures;
- Make production procedures.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Flexible and creative;
- Customer-oriented and focused;
- Proactive and persuasive;
- Practical and punctual;
- A result-oriented team player;
- Willing to travel abroad;
- Not afraid to take responsibility.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider our Huisman Innovation Tower. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Work Preparator Steel constructions by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.