Ready for your next career step? Do you have experience in supervising and coordinating a team of accountants, and find yourself the motivator of your team? Then this job is for you! Our client in Amsterdam, an international player in the engineering world, we are urgently seeking a Chief Accountant to head the accounts department and handle their team of acoountants
The Chief Accountant will support the Area Finance Manager and ensure that the department runs smoothly and will give support, coordinate and guide the team of accountants. Part of your role as Chief Accountant will also be to teach and lead the Junior accountants in the accounting procedures and company protocols. You day to day activities will primarly focus on:
- Give support to the Area Coordination Manager and guarantee the smooth functioning of the accounting department.
- Coordinate, support and provide guidance to the accounting team and Branches.
- Support management in the external audit phase.
- Take care and supervise accounting, control and planning activities (budget & forecast).
- Guarantee the closing processes ensuring timely and accurate reporting flow to Corporate according to given deadlines.
- Perform financial analysis and generate financial reports and statements for the Management, Corporate and Division.
- Provide instruction and training to AFC employees ensuring proper backup for each activity
You responsibilities will include:
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management.
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Coordinate with the team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management. Provide guidance to other Accountants.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
- Excellent English (spoken and written).
- Residence permit holder is required.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting is required
- Additional courses in accounting and management are a plus. (a chief accountant most likely holds a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation as well as related certifications, such as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)).
- Experienced SAP user
- Team leader
Are you ready for your next challenge? Apply now