J.Bekkers Co. B.V., located in the city centre of Rotterdam, The Netherlands is currently looking for;
Enthusiastic professional with a keen interest in Technical management of the deep sea ships in our Management.
The activities of J.Bekkers Co. B.V. include Ship Management by means of Technical Management including SQHE Management, Purchasing activities, Operational Management and Chartering Management. Crew Management is outsourced, but remains under strict control of the Technical management of the company.
J.Bekkers focus is on the Deep Sea Dry-Bulk business.
Currently operating Ultramax (64,000 tonnes Deadweight), and Cape Size (175,000 tonnes Deadweight) vessels.
The Technical Superintendent is responsible for the optimum availability, protection of asset value against lowest costs for a number of vessels. This includes execution and control of maintenance, repairs, modifications, dry- dockings and manage budget preparation and cost control of the vessels assigned.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to;
- Being responsible for the day-to-day technical operational matters up to long term planning for assigned ships.
- Prepare, monitor and manage budgets for assigned ships.
- Monitor and control technical condition of assigned vessels.
- Act as point of entry and support for ships management in technical and operational matters,
- Ensuring that planning and coordination of the vessels scheduled dry dockings is in place and up to date.
- Preparing dry docking specifications, negotiating and coordinating during docking and large repair jobs
- Acting as first reference point for Class, Flag state and other authorities in field of his responsibility.
- Ensure vessels classification is up to date.
- Ensuring cost effective sourcing of goods and services and monitor invoice approval and payment process.
- Be responsible for safety matters and address improvements and offsets. This in close co-operation with the Nautical Superintendent and the Fleet Director.
- Initiate technical and operational improvement projects based on economic principles.
- Keep management advised of developments within the area of his responsibility.
- Be a focal point with technical knowledge and willing to share it within the Technical Department.
- Assist on site whenever deemed necessary for vessel repairs and/or modifications.
- Perform vessel technical visit/inspection in co-operation with the Fleet Director.
- Perform senior crew assessments in order to improve sea staff quality, in close co-operation with the Fleet Director.
The job reports to the Fleet Director of J.Bekkers Co.B.V.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Affinity/ experience in Technical Maritime matters.
- Affinity/familiarity with dry-docking ships.
- Commercially awareness in order to monitor and control budgets.
- Good administrative and filing/database skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical staff ashore and on board.
- Be a team player, as well as an independent, self starter.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Full flexibility when it comes to required/ necessary travelling.
- HAVO/ HBO
- Experience in Maritime sector Deep Sea.
- Holds a licence for the Chief Engineer position, all ships.
- In possession of Company Security Officer training certificate.
- Self Starter
- Willing to travel when ever the job requires to do so for vessel inspections/ repairs/ dry-dock site support. This can we worldwide.
The job reports directly to the Fleet Director.
For questions, you can contact Mr. EJR Bonhof, Fleet Director
Cell phone : +31 6 55307969
Please send your CV and motivation letter to;
Mr EJR Bonhof, Fleet Director.
e-mail address; [email protected]