Lift your career as
Senior System Design Engineer
Within KenzFigee we are looking for a System Design Engineer. Are you a mechanical engineer in heart and soul who likes to design heavy mechanical lifting structures? Then we would like to invite you to respond to this vacancy!
Who are we?
Since 1836, KenzFigee has designed the most groundbreaking cranes and hoisting systems. Sturdy marine canes and offshore equipment that has gone on to shape many of the world’s harbors and offshore installations today. With a keen eye for market developments and a focus on innovation, Kenz Figee has become a trusted supplier and service provider of customer-specific cranes and equipment for the worldwide offshore oil & gas, wind energy, harbor & bulk handling and navy & defense industries.
Ready to join our team?
Our people form the core of our success. With a team of around ninety professionals, we operate from our office and workshop in Zaandam. This offers the opportunity to experience the entire process up close, from designing to building the cranes and equipment, which ensures an ultimate collaboration between all departments. A company with a drive; innovation is in our genes!
As System Design Engineer you are involved in designing and calculating heavy mechanical hoisting structures, from the very start of the sales process. You are intensively involved in determining, calculating and simulating mechanical engineering solutions. You will be the interface between all the engineering disciplines by combining concepts, calculations, theory and practical experiences.
Your tasks include:
• Determining the assignment, planning and budget;
• Converting technical specifications into geometry and capabilities of the complete system;
• Realizing static and dynamic system simulations for dimensioning components;
• Using creativity to realize innovative solutions;
• Identifying new developments and methods in the work field;
• Creating concept and Basic design from new equipment;
• Technical elaboration of calculations drawings and designs;
• Calculating the complete interplay of forces on the structure;
• Power, fatigue and failure calculations of the complete structure;
• Realizing 3D dynamic simulations and FEM calculations.
• A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree (WO) in Offshore Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or comparable direction;
• At least 3 years of work experience in heavy machine building;
• Insight into hoisting and lifting techniques;
• Knowledge and experience with FEM;
• Knowledge and experience with MATLAB;
• Knowledge of offshore crane standards such as EN, ABS, API, DNV, Lloyd’s;
• Team player and eager to learn;
• Proactive, positive and critical attitude;
• Willing to share knowledge and experience with colleagues.
At KenzFigee we know how to appreciate craftsmanship and initiative. You get an independent job, with a lot of responsibility and freedom. You will also experience a collegial, informal atmosphere that encourages you to get more out of yourself.
What else do we offer:
• A challenging job where it’s all different every day,
• Working in an international environment,
• Enough space for your personal development and ambitions,
• Friday afternoon drinks and regular outings organized by our staff association.
More information about this job?
Contact Anne op de Weegh, HR Business Partner:
+31 (0)6 25010741