Do you have the ambition to become an expert in the field of Marine Management Systems? Want to work for an international renowned maritime organization? Looking for a combination between a technical environment and a social interaction? Then working as a Marine Management System (MMS) Auditor with Lloyd’s Register is something for you! We will offer you a dynamic work environment, a challenging job and an opportunity to develop yourself and realize your ambitions.
About the role
The challenge as a Marine auditor is that you not only carry out marine specific audits such as ISM, ISPS & MLC but you also assess ISO standards. Sharing this knowledge by giving best practice advice on compliance and improvement of the management systems is another fulfilling role in which you will find yourself. Our client base offers you a diverse mixture of on board and onshore audits in The Netherlands, Belgium and occasionally in countries across Europe.
What are you going to do?
- Organizing and carrying out MMS audits;
- Support customers with explanation and implementation of relevant regulation;
- Reviewing Audit / Inspection reports and actions from colleagues and clients world-wide;
- Provide technical support for the Operational Management & MMS auditors in North Europe;
- Provide support to the MMSO Manager if and when required;
- Provide technical support to assigned MMS Clients across North Europe;
- Be a focal point for assigned Owners and Managers for MMS related matters;
- Give instructions, presentations and training in the area of management and safety systems;
- Assisting with the preparation of quotations;
- Support, facilitate and drive LR business in the Area,
What do we ask from you?
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by LR or qualifications from a Marine or Nautical Institute with appropriate sea time in a senior rank;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in shipping ashore or afloat;
- Master the Dutch and English language;
- Excellent in communication and social skills;
- Flexible, analytical and responsible;
- Be proficient in the use of IT applications;
- Able to operate in a team as well as independently.
We are primarily looking for seafarers who would like to make a switch from a job at sea to a job onshore. Experience as officer in a management position on board is required.
About Lloyd’s Register
The Lloyd’s Register Group (LR) is an independent risk management organisation that helps to improve our clients’ quality, safety, environmental and business performance throughout the world. This is mirrored in our mission statement “working together for a safer world”.
LR is a global engineering, technical and business services organisation and a maritime classification society, wholly owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering for the benefit of the community at large. Our expertise and activities cover Marine & Offshore, Management Systems and Inspection Services.
What we offer
We offer you an exciting working environment with both technical and intellectual challenges, responsibility and a high level of client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate. As for every Lloyd's Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long term goals.
Are you interested in this job? Apply now via the ‘apply’ button and upload your C.V. and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you can contact Derek Meeng (Corporate Recruiter), by phone +31 6 823 539 69 or email [email protected].