Lloyd’s Register (LR) as one of the leading classification societies providing classification, certification and consultancy services is looking for a Marine Surveyor based in Flushing, The Netherlands.
Are you a marine engineer or naval architect with a passion for the maritime industry? Do you want to work in a technical environment where you can use your expertise to share with clients and contribute to safety? Do you want to be a part of an international renowned maritime classification society? Are you looking for a job with a lot of diversity where you will visit many different interesting customers every other day? Then working as a Marine Surveyor for Lloyd’s Register is something for you! We will offer you a challenging job opportunity and the possibility to develop yourself and realise your ambitions.
What are you going to do?
- Surveys of all types of ships during construction and during service life;
- Surveys of material and equipment intended for marine applications at manufacturers works and laboratories;
- Understanding and interpreting national and international rules and regulations applicable for marine assets;
- Understanding the basic principles of risk management;
- Providing good control of projects, including communicating with clients, financial control and timely and accurate reporting.
What do we ask from you?
- BSc or MSc in Marine engineering, Naval architecture or similar; or qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s engineer officer;
- To use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to optimise the application of existing and emerging technology;
- To be able to apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to the analysis and solution of engineering problems;
- To provide technical and commercial leadership within the responsibilities assigned;
- Must have: To demonstrate effective interpersonal skills including communication in English and preferably in Dutch at all levels.
- The following optional qualifications would be an advantage:
Naval architect with Shipyard experience
Seagoing experience or experience in the maritime supply chain
- Weekly Hours – 40
- Holiday entitlement – 31 days
- Company Car
- Company Credit Card
- Pension scheme
- Personal development
- Phone / Internet allowance
About Lloyd’s Register
The Lloyd’s Register Group (LR) is an independent risk management organisation and a maritime classification society, wholly owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering for the benefit of the community at large. Within LR we are working together to improve our clients’ quality, safety, environmental and business performance throughout the world. We care, We share, We do the right thing.
What we offer
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate. As for every Lloyd's Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long term goals.
Are you interested in this job? Apply now via the ‘apply’ button and upload your C.V. and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Ingo Schleicher-Mogavero [email protected] (Corporate Recruiter – North Europe).