Vacancy Nautical Manager (shore position)
RsR NEMO is a ship management company that offers a wide range of services including crewing & recruitment for cruise ships. Our crew that is working on cruise ships consists of over 500 people in diverse positions, of over 15 nationalities. It is our goal to offer the highest quality, at the best price. The high standards we put forward are reflected through our crew. Every single RsR NEMO crewmember is a qualified and reliable specialist when it comes to river and sea-going cruise vessels.
We currently have a vacancy for a Nautical Manager. The main aim of this position is to further advance our nautical excellence, promote safety in operation and maintain a strong nautical team supporting the overall strategy. The successful candidate will be hired initially as a senior nautical corporate and subject to evaluation of readiness, will take on leadership of the nautical team within a year.
The position is a permanent shore position based in Meer (Belgium), region Hazeldonk / Breda.
- Provide effective support to vessels crew and shore organization on queries related to nautical issues.
- Develop our nautical excellence program through training, knowledge sharing and audits a.o.
- Take charge of projects relating to nautical- and deck equipment.
- Monitor implementation of port and navigational safety.
- Take part in the daily operation and administrative tasks especially pertaining to incident management, incident investigation and advisory services.
- Communication with relevant internal and external stakeholders as point of contact on nautical matters.
- Manage and lead the team in accordance with company values, our cultural amplifiers and general guidelines.
- Relevant completed nautical education.
- Demonstrable experience as a captain (passenger or cargo) and/or a nautical superintendent ashore.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written), Dutch and German language skills are an advantage.
- Fulltime availability, flexible regarding working hours and ability to travel through Europe
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to balance commercial and safety requirements.
- Outstanding organizational and communication abilities.
- Experience with leading a team.
How to apply
In case you wish to apply, please send your detailed resume and motivation letter to [email protected]. Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.