Port Technical & Strategy Manager
The Ports Technical and Strategy Manager is responsible for the strategy, asset management and implementation of the equipment management and maintenance across P&O ports in the North and Irish Seas (Dover, Hull, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, Larne, Cairnryan). This includes technical installations, vehicles, infrastructure and buildings.
What will you be doing in practice?
Working across port operations in collaboration with other departments (Operations, Workshops, Procurement, Finance, HS&S) to improve operational standards for P&O Ferries. This person is known for working with teams to lead the provision of class-leading, safe and operationally excellent facilities whilst driving optimisation of assets and resources.
The post holder will ensure that all technical installations, vehicles, buildings, linkspans and infrastructure in the ports are procured efficiently, covered by the Health, Safety, Security and Maintenance Strategy and comply with all relevant government and safety guidelines.
This will provide all terminals within our control with a Port Infrastructure Strategy. The whole then collectively forming the P&O Ports 5-year Strategic Plan, Including:
- All rolling stock and equipment to be covered by a Ships Equipment Strategy.
- All Port Equipment to be covered by a Port Equipment Strategy.
- All buildings, equipment and infrastructure to be covered in the Health, Safety, Security and Maintenance Strategy.
Who are we looking for?
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience at a senior level in facilities management within a similar operating environment, including managing both projects and leading teams.
- Relevant Engineering or Surveying and Health & Safety qualifications (e.g Lvl 3 NEBOSH or construction cert).
- Willing to travel to the different ports in the North and Irish Sea.