The Clipper Stad Amsterdam is built on initiative of Randstad and the municipality of Amsterdam.
The ship sails as a passenger vessel under Dutch flag. She has authentic square sails and a sharp bow.
On the 60 meter long deck the passengers can enjoy the huge rigging, the enormous yards and the
almost endless amount of lines. The ship has 14 luxury passenger cabins and a spacious long room for
diners and presentations. The ship is available for business events, luxury cruises and adventurous
sailing-trips for individuals. The crew consists of an international team of approximately 27 persons.
The technical department of the Clipper is run by two persons, the Chief engineer and the Technician/
2nd engineer. As Chief Engineer you report directly to the captain. You deal with all possible
technical and electrical systems on board, varying from the main engine and generator to the
water-maker and air-conditioning system.
- Maintaining and repairing all technical and electrical systems on board
- Maintaining the engine-room logbook
- Holding a task in the emergency response team
- Maintenance planning in close cooperation with fleet-manager JR Shipping BV.
- Responsible for the bunkering procedures
- Responsible for the firefighting equipment
- Advising the Captain on the status of the systems
- Member of the management team on board
- Good administration and organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong decision making, communication and team-working skills
- Able to deal with stressful circumstances at all weather conditions
- Team Player
- Good knowledge of automation systems
- Proficient in Office Word and Excel
- Proficient in the English language written and spoken
- Valid Certificate of Competence Chief Engineer or 2 nd Engineer (Min. III/3 <3000, preferably III/2)
- Valid work experience in the technical maritime field (min. 2-3 years)
- Valid NL Seaman’s book; valid seafarer medical certificate worldwide
- Valid certificates STCW Basic Safety, Designated Security Duties; Advanced Firefighting,
Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, High Voltage, Crowd Management,
Crisis Management & Human Behavior
- 1:1 leave-work schedule (6-8 weeks on/off)
- Work on a beautiful full rigged ship in an international work environment
Are you interested? Send your resume and motivation before August 1 st 2020 to
[email protected] To the attention of Sanne Lutz or call +31 (0)20-5691389