RollDock Shipping sails with 90 Dutch-speaking seafarers, which we are very proud of. The Crew Officer ensures that the crew deliver the best possible service, coordinating any training. The Crew Officer must ensure that the crew are within the legal guidelines of the vessel for rank, qualifications and medical certificates.
Key responsibilities and main activities
- Maintain proper administration in Seacrew and Unit4.
- Responsible for maintaining updated vessel rotation plans and execution of agreed crewing strategies.
- Arrange and coordinate travelling arrangements for on-off signing officers and crew in liaison with the Crewing Manager, the Masters and Port Agents.
- Verification of crew qualifications/documentation prior to joining.
- Liaise with agent for crew sign on or off.
- Handling visas, handling of flag required Certificates
- Sound knowledge of STCW, MLC 2006, IMCA and relevant international manning, and flag state requirements
- End of the month administration (seagoing personnel).
- Planning and organizing training for seagoing personnel.
- Communicate regarding all crew matters including repatriation/embarkation information, travel arrangements, documentation requirements.
- Keeping aware of manning developments including the requirements of ILO, Flag Administration, (Seamen’s union) and representative bodies, shipowners’ unions and employment associations.
- Advise and support on crewing matters with regards to other departments (Fleet, Operations SHE-Q and Commercial departments).
- Follow-up D/A desk and e-size.
- Education: Intermediate Vocational Education, in a maritime or logistic environment
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in similar position
- Commitment to diversity and integrity.
- Problem Solving.
- Multi-task and handle constantly changing priority
- Team player
- Inspirational working environment in a dynamic and growing company.
- Opportunities to develop yourself.
- Excellent remuneration package, pension and various insurances.
- Possibility to work flexible in our other offices, located in Breda and Sassenheim
Please send your application via the button on the right, attn.: of Phuong Nguyen. For info you can contact her at: +31(0)102701450.