Roll Group operates a unique fleet of semi-submersible heavy cargo vessels as well as wide deck carriers. The fleet operates worldwide in the tramp shipping.
RollDock Shipping sails worldwide with 90 Dutch-speaking officers on board our vessels, which we are very proud of. The Senior Crew Officer ensures that the crew deliver the best possible service within the national and international legal guidelines. The center of gravity in this job is to maintain an excellent crew administration, planning of crew and arranging crew changes worldwide. Next to this you must be able to work on crew strategic projects and take over the duties of the Crewing Manager in his absence.
Key responsibilities and main activities
- Maintain an excellent administration in Seacrew (crew administration software) and Unit4 (payroll software).
- Responsible for planning of 90 officers as well as maintaining updated vessel rotation plans and execution of agreed crewing strategies.
- Arrange and coordinate travelling arrangements for on- and off-signing officers and crew in liaison with the Crewing Manager, the Masters and Port Agents.
- Coordinate travelling arrangements with our manning agencies
- Verification of crew qualifications/documentation prior to joining
- Handling visas and flag required certificates
- End of the month administration for our crew
- Planning and organizing training for our crew
- Sound knowledge of STCW, MLC 2006, IMCA and relevant international manning and flag state requirements
- Communicate regarding all crew matters including repatriation and (dis)embarkation information, travel arrangements, documentation requirements.
- Keeping aware of manning developments including the requirements of ILO, Flag Administration, (Seamen’s union) and representative bodies, shipowners’ unions and employment associations.
- Advise and support on crewing matters with regards to other departments (Fleet, Operations SHE-Q and Commercial departments).
- Validate and/or approve invoices in our digital invoicing systems
- Represent Roll Group at recruitments events, information days at nautical colleges, apprentice selection day and crew partner day.
- Leading strategic crew projects like, tendering manning agencies worldwide, strategic crew planning, competency management, selection of promotion of crew, adjusting training matrices, writing and implementing of new procedures, negotiations with unions, etc.
- Education: Intermediate Vocational Education, in a maritime or logistic environment
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in similar position
- Commitment to diversity and integrity.
- Problem Solving.
- Multi-task and handle constantly changing priority
- Team player
- Inspirational working environment in a dynamic and growing company.
- Opportunities to develop yourself.
- Excellent remuneration package, pension and various insurances.
- Possibility to work flexible in our other offices, located in Breda and Sassenheim
Please send your application via the button on the right, attn.: of Phuong Nguyen. For info you can contact her at: +31(0)102701450.