Commissioning & Service Engineer Mechatronic
Do you have experience as a service & commissioning engineer in the maritime industry? Do give us a call!
In the field, the Commissioning & Service Engineer is responsible for the on-site commissioning of systems contracted from IHC SAS-Hytop. You are responsible for solving defects and services at IHC SAS-Hytop equipment at our customer's locations worldwide. At the premises of IHC SAS/HYTOP you are responsible for inspections and to develop commissioning plans of our products at our locations in Sliedrecht and Alphen aan den Rijn. With your knowledge and expertise, you contribute to the different phases and areas of designing, producing, commissioning and deployment of our worldwide reputed equipment. Your valuable and appreciated feedback of your experience & expertise is part of the ongoing development of IHC SAS-Hytop products. You will coordinate and hands on execute commissioning and Site Acceptance Tests for state of the art hydraulic systems on board dredging vessels, offshore vessels and offshore installations in accordance with the technical specifications and contractual requirements. After delivery you will independently resolve defects and perform maintenance and repairs on complex machineries and equipment around the world. Daily reporting regarding progress and findings is essential to provide product feed back to the IHC SAS-Hytop organization in order to enhance products. The temporary periods abroad are up to four weeks. You will report to the Manager Service and Commissioning.
- Sound sense of responsibility, flexibility and, good communicative and social skills.
- Able to work autonomous on board vessels and equipment at well facilitated shipyards, but also at challenging locations worldwide.
- Eager to have a varied job in- and outside The Netherlands
- Well able to deal with both IHC personnel, personnel of subcontractors or the client and employees of clients in ever changing conditions.
- Always looking for innovative ideas to improve our products
- Always willing and eager to obtain knowledge or learn new techniques regarding equipment and developments within the industry.
- You are able to act as an ambassador for IHC SAS-HYTOP
To be eligible for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- A higher professional education (HBO) in mechatronics or controls engineering.
- Preferable one year of professional experience as a commissioning/service engineer for complex mechanical installations.
- Strong developed affinity for heavy automated machinery and Maritime Dredging and Offshore industry
- Offshore safety training Opito Bosiet/Huet (or being prepared to follow the course)
- A good command of Dutch and English language skills , both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP and PDM packages.
- Well-developed social communication skills and the ability to work independently abroad.
- Inventive, accurate, stress-resistant, flexible, innovative and a team player attitude.
- Performance and result-driven.
- A customer-oriented attitude and commercial service approach.