Royal IHC is currently seeking a Compliance Director to lead our compliance team. This team is continuously developing the existing ethics & compliance framework of the company. In this role, you will work closely with sales, legal, finance, and tax. This is a broad role in a dynamic and international environment.
The Compliance Director will oversee and manage a global compliance program for Royal IHC. The primary responsibility will be to ensure compliance across Royal IHC with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You will directly report to the CEO.
The Compliance Director should be able to clearly communicate and support throughout Royal IHC a culture of compliance, including personal accountability at all levels. The Compliance Director shall oversee the development of communication materials and implement employee communications and training programs, to explain and reinforce management's commitment to ethical standards and code of business conduct. You will monitor compliance matters relevant to the company's products, services and business initiatives, and keep the company abreast of legislative developments and challenges.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of compliance officers and specialists in order to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Planning, leading and managing all activities of the compliance function to facilitate the overall sustainability of the established compliance strategy
- Providing the organization with ongoing (pro-) active advice and support in compliance matters while actively collaborating with risk owners and stakeholders
- Supporting process improvement initiatives
- Encouraging compliance awareness at all levels of the organisation, including: creating training programs and conducting training
- Managing third party diligence timely and thoroughly.
- Location: Netherlands
- Degree in law, finance or economics
- At least 5 years experience in compliance
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both in writing and verbally
- Hands-on and independent approach
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics in business and personal conduct
- The experience and confidence to push for change and, when appropriate, to challenge the status quo, in a way that will be heard and respected.
Royal IHC offers you:
- A great opportunity to contribute to the future of the maritime industry
- Alongside a competitive salary, you will receive reimbursement of your travel costs, an annual profit share and a beneficial pension scheme
- Personal development budget
- At least 40 days of leave each year
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home (part-time)
- Onsite Fitness Centre and physiotherapist
Royal IHC is a leading supplier of maritime technology and expert craftsmanship. Driven by innovation, our dedicated experts provide a competitive edge to our worldwide customers in the dredging, offshore, mining and defence industries. However, Royal IHC is much more than vessels, equipment and services.
We deliver reliable, integrated solutions that improve operational efficiency and create a platform for a more sustainable performance. As we navigate new waters, our aim remains unchanged: to discover the smartest and safest way forward for both our customers and our people. Together, we create the maritime future.