Engineer Offshore Equipment
Are you all about complex engineering problems? And would you like to develop yourself as an engineer for the upcoming years on a big variety of projects? Then we invite you to contact us!
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is currently looking for a recent graduate engineer, who wants to develop as an engineer for the upcoming years. As an engineer you'll be working on a big variety of projects within the maritime industry for heavy offshore equipment. Your responsibilities will focus on concepts and basic designs, where you will make all sorts of calculations (hand, excel, FEM) and work with 3D and 2D modelling software to come up with the best solutions. During this process you'll work together with our other departments vessel design and marine operations.
Within your designs and concepts you'll have a good eye for practical solutions regarding fabrication, maintenance and daily use. Occasionally you'll have contact with clients to discuss progress and if necessary you'll be on location for work.
You'll be part of our equipment design department which exists of approximately 25 engineers. There are multiple projects at once and with your team (which exists of a project engineer, engineers and designers) you'll work on heavy equipment projects like cable lay-, pipelay-, dredging- and heavy lift equipment.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for concepts and basic designs for heavy offshore equipment
- Making hand-, fem-, and excel calculations with software like Ansys (Workbench)
- Making concept design models with CAD software Autocad and Solid Edge based on your calculations
- Checking calculations and designs according to rules and regulations
- Work together with colleagues and other disciplines to complete the project.
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or comparable
- One to four years of experience, but we also invite recent graduates to apply
- Experience with 3D and 2D cad software
- Experience with FEM and hand calculations
- Willing to develop as an engineer