Junior Group Controller
As a junior Group Controller you will be part of the Group Control department comprising five controllers. The Group Control department is responsible for setting the financial standards within Royal IHC and supporting management and stakeholders through fit-for-purpose, reliable and timely financial reporting.
Group Control is a good starting point for a further career in IHC Finance. You will get a great chance to play a key role in various finance development projects. You will participate in systematic development of Business Control reporting and planning processes together with the Group Control team.
To succeed in this position
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic person who is willing and ready to challenge him/herself and is driven by continuous development attitude. You look for opportunities and solutions rather than problems. Relevant work experience in a field of accounting and business control is an asset; however, more than that, we appreciate a positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn. As a Junior Group Controller you need to have a high interest and motivation to understand the business and to build a bridge between figures and business, to "make figures talk". Good MS Excel as well as fluent Dutch and English communication skills are needed in the position.
You will be responsible for:
- Contribute in consolidation and reporting of the periodic financial statements and forecasts prepared by the business, including the analysis and challenging of the performance of the business;
- Contribute in managing the planning & control cycle, defining the accounting and reporting policies and preparing annual financial statements both under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Dutch Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (Dutch GAAP);
- Contribute in preparing and reporting cash forecasts and scenario planning;
- Work closely with the treasury, tax, legal and compliance departments.
- >3 years relevant work experience;
- master degree in finance/control;
- experience with business performance, financial statements, consolidation of financial data, financial reporting and internal controls;
- familiar with periodical financial reports, data, analysis and able to analyse processes for improvement opportunities;
- mature stakeholder management skills to deal with multiple stakeholders.