Lead / Senior Subsea Engineer
As Subsea Pipeline Engineer you design and engineer pipelines, risers and spools. You will contribute to conceptual studies, FEED- or detailed design for challenging subsea development projects. Using analytical or non-linear FE methods, you can help solve diverse and complex pipeline problems during design and operation, including global buckling, spanning, uprating studies, and defect and anomaly assessments.
- Design and engineering of offshore pipelines, risers and spool pieces;
- Performing pipeline route studies, defining approaches, riser layouts, defining support requirements, selecting materials;
- Performing detailed calculations: wall thickness calculations, stress- and strength analyses, out of straightness assessments, cathodic protection design, span analyses, riser and spoolpiece strength analyses, etc;
- Preparing design reports, MTO's;
- Managing and checking the work of draughtsmen.
- Bachelor level and/or relevant qualification in pipeline engineering;
- +6 years working experience in relevant discipline and market;
- +4 years working experience in similar position;
- Experienced user of AutoPIPE, MS Office, Mathcad;
- Experience with Autocad 3D drafting, STAADPro, ANSYS & FEMAP would be nice;
- High analytical skills;
- Experience with international design codes and standards related to subsea pipelines;
- Familiarity with umbilicals, subsea protective structures and riser supports is required;
- English (written and verbal), preferably Dutch as well;
- Competences: problem analysis, result-orientedness, controlling of progress, focus on quality etc.