Manager Asset Services
Royal IHC Asset Services is part of the IHC Services organization, focused on providing experienced manpower to execute the (aftersales) service. This will vary from services (i.e. start-up services and guarantee service, training and technical support) for new build vessels and mission equipment before, during and after the contractual guarantee period to managing commercial operational services for existing vessels and mission equipment. This is done in close cooperation with the IHC Services Sales, Renovations, Mission Equipment units and IHC Service Centers worldwide. With a team of technical superintendents, all-round electrical, mechanical, commissioning engineers and dredge masters this department provides 24-7 support to IHC's customers.
For the department Asset Services, Royal IHC is looking for a
Manager Asset Services (fulltime)
IHC Services, Kinderdijk The Netherlands
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a department of (mainly technical) skilled professionals. You will translate the Royal IHC and Services strategy to your team and engage them to contribute to excellent service to our internal and external clients. Team development in this ever-changing and very challenging world is key. Good in- and external stakeholder management of this connecting function, needs to contribute to an even more (internal/external) customer satisfaction and effective output of IHC Services in general and your department-specific. You will also play an important role in the management team of IHC Service with the following accountabilities:
- Formulate the strategy, develop the department plan and acquire budget approval
- Direct and drive the realization and implementation of department strategy, plans and activities, allocate budgets and continuously monitor and steer on performance
- Specify, (co)develop and maintain instruments, procedures, KPI's and guidelines within the own department, to be used by employees.
- Build and maintain a network of in- and external stakeholders/partners required to deliver department objectives and represent the department in- and externally
- Issue advise to management and peers regarding business opportunities, risks and/or organizational requirements/needs
- Continuously evaluate organisational design, (work)processes and systems and initiate and implement changes and improvements
- Create, structure activities, manage and coach a team and its individual members, motivate employees through feedback, empower talent and performance management, stimulate team cooperation and employability
- Keep up with internal and external developments and ensure development, transfer and retention of unit knowledge and best practices
- Inform employees about (business) developments and advocate and support the IHC strategy by making it comprehensible for employees on all levels of the organization.
To be eligible for the role of Manager Asset Services, you must have the following:
- a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject
- a hands-on and human-oriented leadership style, with flexibility and change management skills
- at least five years experience in a leading role in a similar environment
- excellent organisational skills and a result-oriented approach
- is able to manage a complex organisational environment (internally and/or externally) and knows how and when to influence. (stakeholder management)
- the ability to follow developments with regard to the relevant regulation and markets
- an excellent grasp of English, both written and verbal
- the ability to work with numbers and budgets
- excellent communication and social skills
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.