Do you have experience in making concepts and designs for all types of offshore vessels? Can you make vessel lay-outs, stability-, weight- and hydrodynamical calculations to optimise hull- and ship structures? Then this position could be interesting for you.
For our department vessel design we are looking for a naval architect. As a naval architect you're responsible for making concepts, designs and basic designs for all types of offshore vessels. This can be for new vessels as well as conversions of vessels. You'll be involved from the beginning of the projects by translating client requests into concepts. Based on weight-, stability- and strength calculations you can design an optimal hull form taking all mechanical equipment and systems in account. For these calculations you use typical design software like Nupas, Pias or AQWA but also hand calculations are involved. During the projects you'll work together with system engineers and FEM engineers of the department, but also with your colleagues of equipment design and marine operations.
All your design and engineering work will be under class approval of organizations like DNV, Bureau Veritas or Lloyds. You'll be responsible for coordination and communication with these organisations and will discuss progress with your lead engineers or department manager.
The department vessel design consists of approximately 30 engineers divided in lead engineers, naval architects, system engineers and structural engineers. The projects you're going to work on are client specific vessels for offshore, renewable, dredging and mining, and salvage and decommissioning markets.
You will be responsible for:
- Translating client request into functional designs and concepts
- Making all types of calculations like weight-, stability- and strength calculations
- Modelling and optimizing your design with software like Nupas, Pias and AQWA
- Coordinating and communication with class approval companies like DNV, Lloyds and Bureau Veritas
- Work closely together with your colleagues of vessel design, equipment design and marine operations
- BSc or MSc degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Shipbuilding or comparable
- 3 years' of experience in design, concept and engineering of complex offshore vessels
- Able to make a design or lay-out of offshore vessels based on clients requirements
- Experience with software like Nupas, Pias or AQWA but also hand calculations
- Well know with class approval and coordinating