Project Engineer Offshore Equipment
Can you manage complex engineering problems and lead a team of engineers and designers? Are you comfortable being responsible for estimations, budgets and planning? Then please read more about us.
Responsibilities and department info
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is currently looking for a lead engineer offshore equipment for their mechanical department. As a lead engineer your work starts at the beginning of a project where you receive a client request from one of our concept- or sales engineers . Based on their information you make an estimation of the work and the amount of hours and prepare budgets and planning. You select your engineeringteam in consideration with the department manager and start working on the project. During the engineering phase you'll make designs and concepts by modelling and calculating (hand-, excel and FEM) offshore equipment. You're responsible for the total design and will be managing other engineers and designers during the project. The job is focussed on engineering, where you'll be spending about 60/70 % of your time on. Growth to a more management type of role is possible within our organization.
You'll work at the mechanical department. There are multiple projects at once and with your team (which exists of a lead engineer, engineers and designers) you'll work on heavy equipment projects like cable lay-, pipelay-, dredging- and heavy lift equipment.
Tasks Project Engineer Offshore Equipment
- Meeting with clients and make estimations, budgets and planning
- Lead a team of engineers and designers during the project
- Making all type of calculations like hand-, excel- and FEM calculations
- Making (detailed) design models with CAD software like Autocad and Solid Edge based on your calculations
- Discuss progress with your clients and department manager
- Bachelor or University level in Mechanical Engineering or comparable
- Ten to fifteen years of experience within heavy equipment design and concepts
- Experience with FEM and design software, preferably Ansys and Solid Edge
- Experience with strength calculations, hand calculations, mechanics
- Experience with complex heavy equipment projects
- Able to manage a team of engineers and designers