Project Lead Guarantee Services
Within this technical & commercial challenging function you are part of the office staff of Asset Services - New Build & Guarantee Services. We are 24/7 available for our clients and we deliver operational service anywhere on the World on the subject of guarantee, training and technical support for our clients. Our goal is to resolve issues expedient and professional to support our clients operations. Together with our field service department we also assist our clients with new build, assembly, outfitting and commissioning services of vessels and installations on the location of our clients, anywhere in the World.
- Our employees have as primary task and goal to guide & support on and administrative, technical, organisatory and commercial level service projects, guarantee issues and start-up of our new built vessels
- As employee of Asset Services - New Build & Guarantee Services, you work & think together with our commercial department to determine the building blocks for development of the aftermarket
- Registering and handle commercial service requests
- Coordinating of materials and personnel logistics on location for a guarantee or commercial service request
- When deemed necessary consult in- or external subject matter experts
- In close cooperation with our insurance coordinator/technical claim case handler, registering fall within our insurance policy
- Negotiate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, ship-yards and/or insurance coordinator on technical and financial topics
- Organize and chair progress and feedback meetings with suppliers on planned and/or ongoing works and safeguard execution
- Organize and maintain client contact on technical and operational issues/requests
- With your knowledge and expertise of all technical systems; Drawings/Diagrams & Schematics, Hydraulic & Pneumatic Installations and Class Rules & Governing Law (Lloyds Register, DNV-GL, BV, ABS, etc., etc.), you contribute to the different phases and areas of designing, producing, commissioning and employing of our world class vessels
- During the design phase of a vessel you support the engineering department of IHC, including internal stakeholders and in some cases even the client with the lay out of the arrangements of vessels and or equipment
- During commissioning of the vessel you work closely together with the IHC build-off and commissioning team of the shipyard, our own field service department, as well as subcontractors in order to deliver the vessel as well and efficient as is reasonable possible. This will include input for commissioning and testing of various installations and equipment on board and may take place anywhere around the world
- Besides your engagement at the design and construction of IHC built vessels, your main field of work will be from the office at Kinderdijk and occasionally on board of IHC Holland B.V. designed, engineered and built vessels and installations around the world
- Your valuable and appreciated feedback of your experience & expertise is part of the ongoing development of IHC products. You must see it as a challenge to share your practical expertise with designers and other adherents. Your expertise and will to share this with others is extremely important for IHC in order to be able to continuously develop a good product
- You will report to the management of the department IHC Services - Asset Services, you will work closely with your colleague Superintendents Technical Services, Electrical Superintendents and Field Service Engineers.
- Sound sense of responsibility, flexible, perseverant, good communicative and social skills
- Able to work autonomous on large, medium and small vessels and equipment at well facilitated shipyards, but also at worldwide less facilitated worksites
- Eager to have a varied job in- and occasionally outside of The Netherlands
- Willing to stay on board of our clients vessels for short periods of time when it will not be convenient to stay "shore-based"
- Well able to deal with both IHC personnel, personnel of subcontractors and/or the client and employees of clients in ever changing conditions
- Always looking for innovative ideas to improve the installation and or complete vessel and willing to share these with IHC's R&D department
- Always willing and eager to obtain knowledge or learn new techniques regarding equipment and developments within the industry
- Have the ability to recognize "service" opportunities
- Have a talent to stay calm and self-possessed.
To be eligible for the role of Project Lead Guarantee Services you must have:
- Technical Education at a Maritime college on a, at minimum, intermediate vocational education level, or an Technical education on a, at minimum, intermediate vocational education level
- Minimum of 2-5 years of professional experience working in the maritime industry, e.g. as STCW-engineer on oceangoing vessels or as an technical superintendent for a shipping company, experience in dredging and or offshore industry is convenient, but not mandatory
- Well known with technical installations, systems on board of vessels and equipment
- Well known with Class and Governing Law requirements
- Well known with relevant PI&D schematics of Technical, Hydraulic & Pneumatic installations
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both in Word and Writing, command of other languages holds an advantage
- Good knowledge of Windows, MS-Office, ERP and document management systems
- You need to be able to read, write & understand reports, as well as to perform/set up a Root Cause Analysis
- You need to be well aware of and propagate the Royal IHC SHEQ policy as well as, if necessary, acquaint yourself with other relevant SHEQ/Lock Out, Tag Out (LOTO) policies
- Able to give instructions about the installation and the Royal IHC SHEQ policy to IHC employees, employees of subcontractors and client
- A representative appearance to own personnel as well as client.