Sr. Piping Designer
As Senior Piping Designer you will be working for various clients in the Oil & Gas and Renewable market for greenfield as well as brownfield projects from conceptual studies till detailed design. You are responsible for the design of piping systems using 3D design tools, such as PDMS and LFM. You have to be capable to read P&ID's, PFD's, piping lay-outs, equipment drawings and piping specifications to translate this info into a proper piping design.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, optimize and resource the Multi-Disciplinary PDMS system including all additional sub packages (Draft, Isodraft, Paragon, Lexicon, etc.). Prepare and check PDMS project setup requirements and specifications in order to realize optimal design work;
- Prepare and check design documents in execution phase of the project and if applicable manage and supervise work of draftsman of the Piping discipline, conform legislation and regulations, technical requirements and specifications of the customer, in order to realize optimal design work.
- Carry out project intakes or initiate design activities for projects (in close communication with PR/PE/LE) and provide critical input to contribute to optimal resourcing of PDMS work with high quality level;
- Perform 3D design of piping systems based on available P&ID's, lay-outs and piping specifications;
- Preparation of piping concepts and set-up of plotplans;
- Prepare isometrics, piping plans and support drawings;
- Interfaces with project and piping team. Supporting colleagues and helping others;
- Ensure good and clear presentation of design work by following client procedures and organize proper documentation.
- VET+ or Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or similar;
- +8 years working experience in piping discipline preferably in the oil and gas industry;
- 3 - 5 years working experience in similar position acting as Senior Piping Designer;
- Advanced user of PDMS and LFM is a must;
- Knowledge about piping components and standards, such as ASME, EN codes and PED regulation;
- Upstream and downstream project related experience;
- Authorized to work in the Netherlands;
- English (written and verbal), preferably Dutch as well.