Supervisor Vessel Conversion
As Supervisor Vessel Conversion, you are responsible for mechanical and construction planning and coordination in your area of the project. You will monitor and coordinate work packages and make sure they are executed in time and according to all safety rules and regulations. In your area, you will work closely together with your foreman, project manager and the construction manager and you will operate as troubleshooter so production and commissioning can continue.
Your responsibilities as Supervisor Vessel Conversion are:
Responsible and accountable for the progress of the planned activities within the area:
- Using the planned activities as determined in two weeks look ahead;
- Monitor and control ongoing work packs;
- Ensure work packs starts and finish at target date;
- Report progress, safety and quality in the area to the construction manager.
Support foreman in your area with coaching foremen and prepare for next work packs to be opened:
- Check if all hardcopy drawings are available and are correct prior to open the work package;
- Confirm the availability and quality of personnel with Project Manager and Supervisor prior to opening the work package;
- Planning of needed labour for the work package in consultation with Project Manager and Supervisor prior to opening the work package;
- Check the full availability of the materials prior to opening the work package.
Troubleshooting, safeguard the area, attend toolbox talks, and check the quality of area;
- Push subcontractors in the area and escalate to construction manager if required;
- Act as section supervisor for the PTW system and assist area manager in other areas if required;
- Planning and booking of tools such as but not limited to shore cranes, etc.
As Supervisor Vessel Conversion, you need to have the following profile:
- Intermediate vocational or bachelor education;
- At least three years' experience as Coordinator/ Supervisor within mechanical and construction in complex shipbuilding, conversion, and/or renovation projects;
- Good understanding of technical drawings and documents;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English, both spoken and written;
- VCA certificate and basic computer skills with Word and Excel;
- Willing and able to work in night shifts;
- Only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
An online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process.